POLICE searching for a missing 15-year-old girl have found a body.
Seesha Dack had not been seen since around 7pm on Sunday near the Fish Quay in North Shields.
Cops believe the body of a female found this evening near Tanners Bank is Seesha’s.
Last night, a heartbroken relative paid tribute to Seesha on Facebook, posting: “I’ve lost my mini me ,my lil best friend.
“Lit up any room she went in instantly. Gutted.”
Superintendent Barrie Joisce, of Northumbria Police, said the discovery was “an extremely sad conclusion to an extensive investigation”.
He added: “Specialist officers are currently supporting Seesha’s family during this incredibly difficult time and our thoughts are with them.
“I want to thank everyone who helped in our search by sharing our appeals, searching the area and those who have phoned us with possible sightings.
“We will continue to carry out enquiries to establish the circumstances around the death, but at this stage we do not believe there to be any third party involvement.”
Seesha had spent around two hours with friends before they arrived home safely.
A huge search was launched for the “at risk” teen, whose phone was switched off.
Police were earlier today seen scouring the River Tyne as a helicopter circled overheard.
Seesha’s mum Victoria Dack, 33, had appealed for help to get her “baby girl home safe”.
She said: “Seesha is a confident, outgoing, happy, bubbly girl. She means the world to us.
“We just want her home safe. I call her my baby girl. If she is reading this I want to let her know I love her and I miss her.
“You’re not in any trouble, I just want you home.”
Seesha’s disappearance was described as “out of character”.
Most read in UK News
Dodging TV licence could be decriminalised next month in wake of Proms row
I Like To Move It DJ Erick Morillo found dead aged 49 days after sex assault arrest
Chancellor faces Tory fury over plans for £200 tax whack on self-employed
Asda corona outbreak as 8 staff get bug after ‘shoppers let in without masks’
Expert claims FIVE HUNDRED big cats could be roaming UK countryside
She was last seen wearing black leggings and a khaki green jacket.
Before today’s heartbreaking discovery, Superintendent Craig Metcalfe, of Northumbria Police, said officers have been combing the local area and making extensive enquiries as they searched for Seesha.
A report will be prepared for the coroner after formal identification.
- Missing girl found dead in forest
- Missing toll soars to 5,000 in engulfed Indonesia quake neighbourhoods
- Men missing at Central Highlands waterfall found dead
- More missing people reported in Indonesian vessel sinking
- Search for Japanese divers near Bali resumes in bad weather
- Body of crashed jet pilot taken ashore
- H’Hen Nie named among Top 10 of Miss Grand Slam
- Body of Franco-Irish teen found in Malaysia jungle
- Egypt sends robot submarine to help plane crash search
- Tearful reunion highlights plight of China's missing children
- Vietnam ships suspend search for Malaysia jet
- Vietnam to continue all out effort to locate missing jet
- China police search for missing Vietnamese brides: paper
- Mothers of the Missing: Anguished search for Vietnam's kidnapped brides
- Maritime Search and Rescue Coordination Centre
- Rescue teams find body in search for missing Brit on Mount Fansipan
- Body found in search for missing Coast Guard plane in Vietnam
- Malaysia steps up search for missing Franco-Irish teen
- Two of five missing fishermen found dead in Thua Thien-Hue
- Resuce teams find body in search for missing Brit on Mount Fansipan
Cops searching for missing girl, 15, who vanished two days ago while meeting pals find body have 585 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 2, 2020. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.