Was the narrow escape of Etihad’s flight EY250, which was flying from Abu Dhabi, in Kozhikode airport in June 2019- just over a year before the Air India Express crash in August – a wake up call that was missed?Safety experts think so.”Following the incident, the airline had highlighted its concern to Kozhikode airport authority regarding the infrastructure limitations. These limitations had been identified as contributory to the incident,” says Amit Singh, an industry veteran and safety expert.Close The concerns, says Singh, were not addressed. related news Copper futures slide 0.37% to Rs 523.65 per kg in evening trade Citi picks Jane Fraser as its next CEO, first woman in that role Wall Street opens higher on tech bounce One of the limitations that was highlighted by the investigation by UAE’s General Civil Aviation Authority was the absence of centreline lights on runway 28 at the Kozhikode airport.Singh, a pilot, explains the importance of these lights:”Runway lights are on the edges of the runway and the nose wheel of the aircraft has to be in between, on the centerline. This ensures that the main wheels which are under the wings are clear of the edges. If the nose wheel is not on the centerline then one main wheel will… Read full this story
- Can Air India survive its botched privatization?
- Air India now flies to 'Chinese Taipei,' not Taiwan
- The issues that have kept Air India's fate hanging in balance
- Air India sambung semua penerbangan ke Iraq
- Port of Seattle authorizes $325,000 review of Horizon Air plane theft, crash
- India's IndiGo says to opt out of race to acquire Air India
- American Airlines Cancels 275 PSA Flights, Charlotte Douglas International Airport Most Impacted
- Optional warning light could have aided Lion Air engineers before crash
- An Air India flight attendant was hospitalized after falling from a parked plane onto the tarmac
- The Lion Air plane that crashed into the sea and killed everyone on board issued a distress call the previous day
Air India Express crash: A year earlier, an Etihad flight's narrow escape at Kozhikode airport was a wake up call have 337 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at September 10, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.