Indian market started on a muted note but closed in the green for the fifth consecutive day in a row on July 7. The S&P BSE rallied nearly 200 points while the Nifty50 closed just a shade below 10,800 levels.Let’s look at the final tally on D-Street – the S&P BSE Sensex rose 187 points to 36,674 while the Nifty50 closed with gains of 36 points to 10,799.Close Sectorally, the action was seen in IT, Banks, Finance, and consumer discretionary stocks while profit-taking was seen in oil & gas, metals, energy, telecom, and public sector. The NiftyBank closed nearly 2 percent higher at 22,628. related news Hot Stocks | HDFC Life, HUL, ICICI Bank can give 12% return in short-term Trade Setup for Friday: Top 15 things to know before Opening Bell Coronavirus Essential podcast | Serum Institute pauses Oxford vaccine trials; Don’t take coronavirus lightly, cautions PM Modi Banking stocks led the rally from the front as a concern of moratorium was overhyped. The rally was led by gains in ICICI Bank, IndusInd Bank, Bandhan Bank, and RBL Bank, etc. among others.’Strong buying interest in financial stocks led today’s market rally as traders have now started realising that the… Read full this story
- Current stock market rally: Rational or irrational exuberance?
- Why Trump can claim only partial credit for the stock market rally
- In stock market rally that won't quit, JPMorgan says the bear case is missing one critical element
- Taking Stock: Basic business terms offer investors greater understanding
- Taking Stock: Differences in mutual funds and ETFs important for investors
- Taking Stock: Diamond ring makes for poor investment
- Infants die in hot cars in Phoenix on consecutive days
- Shark Sighting Closes Cape Cod Beach for 2nd Consecutive Day
- New York State Fair breaks daily attendance record for second consecutive day
- St. Paul may be days away from selling parking ramp across from Children’s Museum
Taking Stock: D-St rallies for 5th consecutive day; financials lead the charge have 316 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at August 5, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.