When the week started, it looked like the market has enough strength to push benchmark indices above crucial resistance levels, but bears took control in the second half of the week and pushed Sensex below 38,000 while Nifty50 closed below 11,200 levels.The S&P BSE Sensex wiped out gains made in the week gone by and closed with a minor cut of 0.4 percent while the Nifty50 fell 0.3 percent for the week ended August 14.Close The real action was seen in the broader market space which outperformed the benchmark indices. The S&P BSE Mid-cap index rose 1.5 percent, and the S&P BSE Small-cap index closed with gains of 1.3 percent for the week ended August 14. related news Slideshow | Market ends flat in rangebound week; FIIs continue buying DAILY VOICE | Financial independence will come with discipline and then let compounding do its magic: Prasun Gajri of HDFC Life There are as many as 41 stocks in the S&P BSE 500 index which rose 10-40% in the week gone by, including PVR, JSW Steel, IFB Industries, Divis Laboratories, GMM Pfaudler, Bharat Forge, Ashok Leyland and eClerx Services.Indian market started the week on a positive note but the sharp sell-off… Read full this story
- Canadian Stock Alerts - Stocks With Volume
- Stock Market Investing Best Stocks to Buy
- Stock Trading Tools - The Best Tools For Effective and Profitable Stock Trading
- Is the Penny Stock Rebound Too Good to Be True?
- Make Money Day Trading - 5 Secrets How to Make Money Day Trading
- Government Small Business Loans - How to Get Money to Start Or Expand Your Business!
- Beauty Day Spa - Rejuvenate Your Skin With a Natural Treatment
- Using the Best Penny Stock Picker For to Triple Your Investments in Hours in Day Trading
- The Stock Market Made Simple
- Sensex rises 93 points, ends higher for fourth day; Nifty tops 11,450
Small & midcaps outperform! Over 40 stocks in BSE500 rose 10-40% in just 5 days have 314 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at August 15, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.