Registering over 60,000 cases in 24 hours for the first time, India’s COVID-19 tally galloped past 20 lakh on Friday, while the number of recoveries surged to 13.78 lakh, according to Union Health Ministry data. The COVID-19 tally had crossed 19 lakh just two days back.It took 110 days for COVID-19 cases in the country to reach one lakh and 59 days more to cross the 10-lakh mark. Thereafter it took just 21 days more to go past 20 lakh.This was the ninth day in a row that the COVID-19 tally increased by more than 50,000.Close According to the health ministry data updated at 8 am, 62,538 cases were added in a day taking the total coronavirus caseload to 20,27,074.The death-toll climbed to 41,585 with 886 people succumbing to the infection in 24 hours, the data showed.At the same time, the number of patients who recuperated from the disease surged to 13,78,105 on Friday taking the recovery rate to 67.98 per cent. There are 6,07,384 active coronavirus cases in the country presently.According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), a cumulative 2,27,88,393 samples have been tested for coronavirus infection up to August 6 with 6,39,042 being tested on Thursday.
- Dream11 Team England U-19 vs India U-19 Youth ODI Tri-Series – Cricket Prediction Tips For Today’s 1st Youth ODI EN-Y vs IN-Y at New Road, Worcester
- Siddhesh Veer, India Under-19s' man for all seasons
- Coach Rahul Dravid 'special invitee' in selection meeting for India U-19 team
- Despite Dhruv Jurel's fifty, India U-19 suffer second defeat in Tri-series
- ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup 2020: Atharva Ankolekar, Ravi Bishnoi's Rearguard Effort Helps India Under-19 to 233/9 vs Australia in Quarterfinal
- On Day 2 of India visit, Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro inks 15 agreements
- News updates from Hindustan Times: India scripts record with historic 5-0 series win against New Zealand and all the latest news at this hour
- Honda Amaze BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 6.10 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- Daimler India expects MHCV segment to clock 2.20 lakh units this year
- KTM Duke And RC BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 1.38 Lakh Ex-Showroom
Over 60,000 cases in a day for 1st time take India's COVID-19 tally past 20 lakh have 337 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at August 7, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.