Cross-border militancy, curfews, terrorism, the forced exodus of the Kashmiri Pandits – the beautiful vales of Kashmir have been marked by continuous conflict and complete breakdown of civilian-state trust in the past few decades. As someone whose family was forced at gunpoint to leave behind their ancestral homes in Srinagar in the early 1990s, author Avanti Sopory could have chosen to dwell on the negative and to paint Kashmir in shades of bitterness in her writing.Instead, the Gurugram-based mother of two writes about its beauty, folklore and fairytales. In this interview, the 42-year-old shares her thoughts on her homeland.In your latest book The Kashmir That Was, you have tried to recreate an older, idyllic time in Kashmir – Bollywood movie shoots, theatre enthusiasts, laid-back village scenes. What inspired you and what was your vision for this book?Close I think it is important that the youngsters of the country and Indians in general should know that there is more to Kashmir than meets the eye. The many years of unpleasant narrative about Kashmir have shadowed its real and more romantic culture under a garb of hatred and fear. related news Collusion between nationalist fantasy and official cartography fuels conflict across South… Read full this story
- Ex-Bush staffers are trying to build their own political party — and they know it's going to be a steep climb
- Government, Industry Join in Paying Lip Service to Piracy Fight
- Apple’s commitment to improving our health isn’t just lip service
- UPDATED:New Pre buyers receive $100 service credit from Sprint
- IoT Will Enable ‘Living Services,’ Keynote Speaker Says
- Comments for : UPDATED:New Pre buyers receive $100 service credit from Sprint
- General election 2019: Are Johnson and Corbyn the political odd couple?
- Emmanuel Macron says door to remain in EU is open to Britain
- Supreme Court Brexit case: 'No need' for MPs to get final say
- May needs to listen to other parties on Brexit, says Cameron
Kashmiri Pandits have received only lip service from political parties, says author Avanti Sopory have 324 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at August 9, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.