As India celebrates its 74th Independence Day, commemorating the freedom struggle and the resultant glory, I urge you to spare 74 seconds of your time and think about financial independence.As a widely-accepted definition, financial independence means having enough income to pay for your expenses. However, I look at it in a slightly different manner. To me, financial independence means having enough income to not only cover my expenses but also satisfy my wants. It is the freedom to make decisions based on what makes me happy, without thinking about whether it involves money.This connotation stems from something my parents have always emphasised – the idea of a fulfilled life. The moment this concept began making sense to me, I saw a plethora of opportunities unfold. There were so many career paths to choose from, so many activities from which to explore my interests, and so many ways to work for the benefit of society.Close On my path to discovering my strengths and interests, I came across the Japanese concept of ‘ikigai’, meaning ‘a reason for being’. It is the convergence of four elements – passion (interests), mission (life goal), vocation (something you are good at), and profession (something that can… Read full this story
- Moneycontrol Pro Financial Freedom offer: Grab benefits worth Rs 15,000
- Punjab Engineering College to provide financial aid to needy students
- More uncertainty for international students at UW-Madison
- Just one side of the story? Royal expert says it's clear Finding Freedom authors have spoken to people 'close' to Harry and Meghan as couple deny involvement in book that airs their grievances - and 'backs up what's already been said'
- Gov’t: New foreign students can’t enter US if courses online
- Three investment biases you should avoid to meet your financial goals
- Students say they're forced to pay rent on houses they can't live in because of lockdown
- Rights Groups Sound Alarm Over Waning Press Freedoms in Nigeria
- City optimism falling at fastest rate since financial crisis – CBI
- Law students from 12 different colleges in Pune demand fees reduction
How to choose financial freedom, according to a management student have 344 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at August 15, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.