ICICI Direct’s research report on Colgate-Palmolive (India)Colgate (CPIL) reported a strong performance with a 196 bps expansion in operating margins and 17.2% growth in earnings. Revenues saw a 4.1% decline in sales with toothpaste growth remaining resilient. However, a dip in sales was largely in the toothbrush category, which is relatively discretionary. The impact of lockdown was minimal given consumer stocking & trade pipelines in toothpaste are relatively higher, which would have mostly filled the gap between halt & resumption of manufacturing. We believe the trade pipeline is back (or higher) to pre-Covid levels by the end of June 2020. The company maintained gross margins helped by stable commodity prices. Further, a reduction in A&P spends by 300 bps (as percentage to sales) led to operating margin expansion of 196 bps to 29.6%. Net profit grew 17.2% aided by reduction in corporate tax rate last year.OutlookThough the oral care category seems to remain resilient during this disruptive phase, we see limited growth opportunity given high category penetration levels and habit change of brushing twice a day takes almost a generation’s time. Hence, the only growth levels for the company remains premiumisation & shift towards naturals & ayurveda space, which makes… Read full this story
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Launched In India At Rs 58,300
- RIM still holding out against India's demands for intercepts
- Uber investing $1 billion in India, targets 1 million daily rides
- Ruthless India beat Australia by 36 runs at The Oval
- Colgate Super Bowl 50 Ad Saves Water
- Byju's to replace Oppo on Team India jersey
- All India Chess Federation to cut down legal expenses
- Why Did Apple Delay Launching 4-inch IPhone SE In India?
- Cyber Criminals Target ATMs In India: Report
- Air India plans legal, tech audit to attract buyers
Hold Colgate-Palmolive (India); target of Rs 1540: ICICI Direct have 291 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at August 3, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.