The transaction count of the NETC FASTag crossed 86 million in July, rising 54 percent in the two months, said the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).”In July 2020, the transaction count of NETC FASTag stood at 86.26 million with transaction value Rs 1623.30 crore, compared to a transaction count of 81.92 million and a transaction value of Rs 1511.93 crore in June 2020,” the NPCI said.”We are confident that NETC FASTag will see an increased adoption in the future as it is also venturing into the state highways, city toll plazas and parking lots, enabling digital Contactless Toll Payment facility to local city residents as well,” said Praveena Rai, Chief Operating Officer – NPCI.Close FASTag, an electronic toll collection system, is operated by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI). The system uses reloadable tags attached to vehicles’ windscreens, and money is deducted automatically.
- Demonetized notes of Rs 5.81 crore seized in Ahmedabad in 2 years
- How smugglers sneaked in gold worth Rs 1,300 cr
- Indore: Demonetised notes worth Rs 1 crore seized, 6 arrested
- Trade analysts say Rs 400-600 crore riding on Salman Khan
- Smuggled cigarettes worth Rs 17.5 lakh recovered by STF
- Paytm e-commerce narrows losses to Rs 1,171 crore in FY19
- More than Rs 15 lakh crore returned from circulation post demonetisation
- Kerala Tourism’s revenues cross Rs. 21,000 crore mark in 2012
- Budget 2019: Rs 94,854 crore allocated to the education sector
- Demonetized cash valued at Rs 1.26 crore seized in Shirur
FASTag transactions worth Rs 1,623.30 crore recorded in July have 233 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at August 13, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.