A recent survey of CFOs conducted by a global consulting firm revealed that half the CFOs were cautiously optimistic about the outlook in July than they were in April. Most were working on optimising working capital, streamlining performance management and of course, the quintessential enterprise-wide cost reduction initiatives.This is the time for a CFO to strike a fine balance as the role would involve building agility and resilience in the short term while readying the organisation to lead the growth in the new normal. Given below are a few of the points they need to keep in mind to emerge as a leader in current times and beyond.Growth and profitabilityClose Growth and profitability are two important levers for any company. In the current, constrained market, the urge to demonstrate revenue growth needs to be balanced with the use of discerning lens on how those orders pan out to fructify profits. While this provides an opportunity, the responsibility rests largely with the CFOs and the finance function to ensure that margins are protected Profit over volumes has always been our mantra for quality growth. Various empirical research has shown that companies that plan for growth in a downturn always benefit when… Read full this story
- Former Fitbit CFO to Steer Another Startup
- Decision-making on the move: How small businesses can benefit by adopting the 'new normal'
- When bigotry feels like the new normal, would Satyagraha work?
- These haunting photos of the retail apocalypse reveal a new normal in America (M, JCP)
- More and More Sargassum Seaweed, the New Normal for Caribbean
- In-house lawyers find juggling is the ‘new normal’
- Advocate columnist Dan Fagan is very, very disappointed in the World Naked Bike Ride, New Orleans
- Code Yellow: Is this the new normal in our schools?
- Is mindful meditation the new normal in some Pittsburgh-area schools?
- Lynching: The New Normal in India
COVID-19 impact | CFO's choices in steering companies to ride the new normal have 320 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at August 12, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.