Jeevan Rekha Hospital in Belgavi has begun human trails of Covaxin, which was developed by Bharat Biotech in association with Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) to treat COVID-19, Deccan Herald reported. The hospital was among the 12 facilities identified for the trials.The report quotes Director Dr Amit Bhate as saying that in the first phase, the vaccine has been administered to 375 persons across the country. The progress has been on expected lines, he added.Close Four candidates, two male and two female, were administered the vaccine. They were progressing on expected lines with no reactions being witnessed after four days. The second dose will be administered to them on the 14th day after the first dose has been administered, Bhate said.He explained that the first day of the vaccine being administered is calculated as zero day. The second dose would be given on 14th day to volunteers. Antibody tests will commence from the 28th day onwards, following which immunogenicity tests will be conducted monthly for a few months.With the first dose being administered on July 31, all four volunteers showed no reactions and the trials have begun on expected lines. Their health was being monitored for all parameters as per protocols, he said.
- Vietnamese HFMD vaccine passes animal trials
- Health agencies distribute rabies vaccine to curb shortage
- Measles outbreak burdens major Saigon hospital
- Preference for non-subsidized vaccine injects chaos in Da Nang
- Mekong Delta runs out of five-in-one vaccine
- No safety concerns yet in trials of GSK's Ebola vaccine
- Candidate AIDS vaccine passes key early test
- Guinea trial shows 'historic' success for Ebola vaccine
- Vietnam set to launch indigenous swine, avian flu vaccines
- Domestically-produced influenza vaccines publicised
Coronavirus Vaccine Update: Covaxin trials on humans to being at a Karnataka hospital have 282 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at August 4, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.