India has recorded more than 23.2 lakh cases of the novel coronavirus and 46,091 deaths, according to the Union Health Ministry’s latest update. Of these, more than 6.43 lakh are active cases while over 16.39 lakh have recovered.As per data updated at 8 am on August 12 on the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare’s website. Maharashtra retained the top spot with the highest number of infections reported and more than 5.35 lakh COVID-19 cases. Tamil Nadu followed with 3.08 lakh cases and Andhra Pradesh with 2.44 lakh cases.Follow our LIVE blog for updates on the COVID-19 pandemicClose On August 11, Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a video conference with the chief ministers of the 10 most-affected states that account for over 80 percent of coronavirus cases in the country. He noted that containment, contact-tracing and surveillance are the most effective weapons against the virus. related news COVID-19 Vaccine: What’s keeping Washington from a virus deal, explained A year into business, Indian-American remote working startup valued at $600 million Natural for MLAs to be upset, need to bear to save democracy: Ashok Gehlot PM Modi also pointed out that of 10 states most-affected states, the recovery rate has shot up in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu proving that… Read full this story
- Alphacool Launches Mining Rack 12 Open-Air Case Frame For Crypto-Miners
- Windows 8.1 Update 2 could be released August 12
- More sources confirm that the Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+ will be announced on August 12
- T-Mobile Touch Pro2 official, launches August 12
- Asus India ZenFestival set for August 6th; entry-level ZenFone GO to be unveiled?
- Research Alert: August 12, 2014
- Comments for : T-Mobile Touch Pro2 official, launches August 12
- Comments for : Must "C" TV: Apple iPhone 5C shell, Apple iPhone 5S casing and Apple iPhone 5 spotted on video
- BlackBerry Torch Launching August 12 on AT&T
- Must "C" TV: Apple iPhone 5C shell, Apple iPhone 5S casing and Apple iPhone 5 spotted on video
Coronavirus India state-wise tally August 12: West Bengal cases cross a lakh, Maharashtra keeps top spot have 322 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at August 12, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.