Over the past few years, Sam Jay has been on a mission to let the world know Donald Trump is America’s first N-word president. advertisement advertisement It’s an idea that the stand-up originally put forth during her 15-minute set on Netflix’s The Comedy Lineup in 2018, it comes across on every “Them Trumps” sketch she has written for Saturday Night Live—in which the First Family is conflated with Empire‘s Lyon family—and the concept reaches its full fruition in a polished chunk on the comic’s just-released Netflix special, 3 in the Morning. As much as viewers learn about who Trump may very well be during this special, though, what should be far more interesting is what they learn about who Jay herself is: a quick, thoughtful comedian with lots of swagger and even more to say. 3 in the Morning is a sumptuous feast of a stand-up special, in which Jay waxes on everything from her doomed early dabbling in heterosexuality, why she prefers Jaden Smith to Greta Thunberg, and how white people often seem to be training for some mysterious future calamity no one else knows about—all in a style that veers seamlessly from tough to playful. She filmed the… Read full this story
- Dave Chappelle intelligently questions mandatory vaccines in new Netflix special
- What you need to know about Cisco's new CCNA specializations
- Flames stash Sam Bennett with new deal, cap challenges remain
- SNL & Others Starting To Limit Commercials: Netflix Effect?
- Sam Smith Does New Bond Movie Theme
- Zoho Releases Writer 2.0 with New Tab-Based UI
- Virus writers are picking up new Microsoft attack
- Watch Trailer For New Netflix Movie The Discovery
- Thousands of breast cancer studies are totally bogus, warns science writer and author of new book
- Nick Offerman Netflix Special Previewed
Comedian and ‘SNL’ writer Sam Jay represents herself on her new Netflix special have 303 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at August 5, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.