Somehow, it took a pandemic to get interviewers to actually interview Donald Trump. advertisement advertisement Ever since Lester Holt dislodged an admission from Trump that “this Russia thing” played into the president’s rationale for firing James Comey in 2017, interviews with Trump seemed to consist mostly of glad-handing with Fox News personalities. A few weeks ago, however, Fox’s Chris Wallace conducted what appeared to be the first truly adversarial interview with Trump, repeatedly fact-checking his falsehoods in real time. Now, hot on Wallace’s heels, comes Jonathan Swan’s Axios interview, which is shockingly chockablock with tough questions and determined pushback. Axios isn’t exactly known for this kind of thing. Swan’s previous kid-gloves interviews with the president suggested the outlet was hellbent on maintaining its enviable White House access. That no longer seems to be the case. Rather, this is the type of White House interview a reporter conducts when they’re not terribly concerned about being invited back. Although it’s fairly typical of what one might expect for a president in crisis—and Barbara Walters was serving Trump this kind of confrontation 30 years ago—in terms of what we’ve come to expect from Trump, this is full-on scorched earth. While oftentimes trailers are… Read full this story
- Dramatic moment Trump advisor Roger Stone is arrested at GUN POINT over Russian US election meddling in 2016
- Giuliani: Trump special counsel interview decision delayed
- SpaceX's Jaw-Dropping Rocket Launch Wows Spectators Across Southern California
- Halle Berry Just Posted a Jaw-Dropping Instagram of Her Abs
- A Cheating Girlfriend Kickstarted This Guy's Jaw-Dropping Bodybuilding Transformation
- Op-Ed: Reclaim your life from the jaws of Donald Trump
- Christie Brinkley Just Sported A Jaw-Dropping Mini Dress For Her 65th Birthday
- Chris Froome’s Jaw-Dropping Strava Ride Gets Flagged
- IMPORTANT UPDATE: Are 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 drives dropping like flies?
- The 9 Most Jaw-Dropping Celebrity Hair Transformations Of 2017
11 jaw-dropping moments from Trump’s flabbergasting ‘Axios’ interview have 317 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at August 4, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.