Passenger vehicle sales in India declined by 49.59 percent in June to 1,05,617 units as against 2,09,522 units in the same month last year as the sector looks to recover from the coronavirus pandemic-induced lockdown, auto industry body SIAM on Tuesday said.According to the latest data by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), two-wheeler sales were also down 38.56 percent at 10,13,431 units as compared to 16,49,475 units in the same month last year.Motorcycle sales were at 7,02,970 units as against 10,84,596 units in June 2019, down 35.19 percent.Close Scooter sales were also down 47.37 percent at 2,69,811 units as against 5,12,626 units in the same month last year.Follow our full coverage of the coronavirus pandemic here.
- Walmart Likely To Invest In India’s Flipkart By June: Report
- Why Hybrids and Electric Vehicle Sales Are Rising Despite Gasoline's Low Prices
- US diesel engine vehicle sales are down, but the market is still poised for growth
- Apple Government Sales Rose 200 Percent in June
- BlackBerry Music Gateway goes on sale today for $49.99 online
- Study shows that older drivers buy more new cars, fueling concerns about future vehicle sales
- PC sales still declining, but might rebound in 2016
- Deal: Samsung Gear IconX wireless earbuds on sale for just $49.99 ($150 off)
- Comments for : Deal: Samsung Gear IconX wireless earbuds on sale for just $49.99 ($150 off)
- Comments for : BlackBerry Music Gateway goes on sale today for $49.99 online
Passenger vehicle sales in India decline 49.59% in June have 227 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at July 14, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.