I have been in the United States since 2013. I did my Masters in Biochemistry at a New Jersey-based university and am currently pursuing my PhD on genome changes in breast cancer patients there.Merely weeks before the submission of my final thesis, the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has taken an abrupt decision to send back students pursuing online-only programmes.I had been pursuing this research since 2016. I don’t even know what will happen. If I leave, what happens to my pending research? Everything cannot be done from India. If everything went as per plan, I would have received a doctoral degree by September 2021, and would have started working in a healthcare research firm.Close Also Read: All your questions about the US student visa ban answered related news “Buy when there’s virus in the streets” Tesla ‘very close’ to level 5 autonomous driving technology: Elon Musk My husband is on a dependent visa here since 2019 and lives with me. Since he is on an F-2 visa, he cannot work, though he has an education business back in Hyderabad. He now runs it from here. He was actually using this time to meet some potential investors here. But since I… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: SC Seeks Centre's Response on Plea for Evacuating Indian Students Stranded in UK
- Monetary relief to Indian students stuck in US, Canada, Australia & UK soon
- Venezuelan refugees are returning home amid the coronavirus pandemic
- Heartwarming moment late Oilers player Colby Cave's family returns home to MILES of parked mourners offering condolences while practicing social distancing after his death at 25
- Kanika Kapoor returns home, brother says ‘she’s doing fine, no one she came in contact with tested positive for Covid-19’
- King of Thailand 'ends his self-isolation' and returns home for a festival four days after hiring out entire luxury German hotel for him and his harem of 20 concubines
- Brad Pitt feels glad son Maddox returned home during COVID-19 outbreak
- Stay where you are: Ambassador Sandhu tells stranded Indian students in US
- Coronavirus: SC seek Centre’s response on plea for evacuating Indian students stranded in U.K.
- SC seek Centre's response on plea for evacuating Indian students stranded in UK
Forced return home and job hunt: An Indian student worries about the future after new US visa rule have 374 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at July 9, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.