Ben Dooley and Makiko InoueTOKYO — As the world tries to get a handle on the coronavirus and emerge from paralyzing lockdowns, public health officials have repeated a mantra: “test, test, test.”But Japan went its own way, limiting tests to only the most severe cases as other countries raced to screen as many people as possible. Medical experts worried that the approach would blind the country to the spread of infection, allowing cases to explode and swamping hospitals.Close It hasn’t happened. Japan — the grayest country in the world and a popular tourist destination with large, crowded cities — has one of the lowest mortality rates from COVID-19 among major nations. The medical system has not been overwhelmed. And the government never forced businesses to close, although many chose to. related news Lockdown 5.0 | Government extends lockdown in containment areas till June 30 Lufthansa accepts tweaked demands by Brussels over state bailout Vaccine to prevent COVID-19 will take long time to be ready: Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw This week, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe declared Japan’s battle against the outbreak a resounding success, taking the country off an emergency footing — a sort of “lockdown lite” that lasted only a month and… Read full this story
- Chuck Liddell to Jon Jones: ‘I’ll beat you right now’
- The Latest: Keys beats Vesnina in late finish at US Open
- The Latest: Keys beats Svitolina; 4 US women in Open QFs
- Keys beats Babos in Aegon Classic
- Keys beats Strycova to win Aegon Classic title
- How Klay Thompson did not “miss a beat” following right thumb injury
- Stuart McInally says physical test of beating Glasgow will help Edinburgh prepare for Munster quarter-final
- Why letting Derek Holland test Free Agency is right.
- FSU Football: Would Louisville Beat FSU Right Now?
- Scotland beats weakened Japan 26-13 in 1st test
Testing is key to beating coronavirus, right? Japan has other ideas have 305 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.