Sustainability in bartending is a phenomenon the world over, with the best bartenders trawling through their backyards to pick ingredients that go into interesting new cocktails.If the world of food can have nose-to-tail cuisine, then bartending can also be about root-to-fruit. The idea is to use root to flower or root to tip: develop cocktails focused on using every single part of an ingredient in the most efficient (and delicious) ways possible.We spoke to bartenders heading some of India’s best bars as well as brand ambassadors of major spirit brands, for advice and interesting cocktail recipes using stuff from our pantry.Close Harshit Agarwal, Mixologist, Four Seasons Hotel Bengaluru related news India under quarantine wakes up to the beauty of baking sourdough bread Book review: The Tulleeho! book of cocktails The Spirited Traveller: Toronto tipples good enough to eat Harshit Agarwal.Agarwal believes that every pantry has some unconventional ingredients for cocktails, such as rice, jaggery, whey, coffee, or even rasam. “At Copitas (the bar at the hotel) we like to use local produce such as coffee from Coorg, micro-greens that have been grown locally, tender coconut water … People love the connection to the surroundings and it makes for great storytelling…. Read full this story
- Cindy McCain Toasts Late Husband John with 'Quarantine Cocktails' at Home: 'Here's to You Johnny!'
- Spice Things Up With These Fancy Cocktails You Can and Should Make At Home
- Enjoy cocktails at home with Chronicle Wine Critic Esther Mobley
- Britain's native plants put the taste of spices in easy reach
- It Looks Like Quarantine Has Finally Broken Ina Garten
- Recipe: Smokey & smooth, the whisky cocktail you need to try this World Wood Day
- Limoncello locktails! How to make delicious drinks from years-old holiday booze
- Ina Garten Serves Up a Supersized Cocktail Perfect for Social Distancing
- Watch Ina Garten Make a Giant Cosmo on Instagram: 'It’s Always Cocktail Hour in a Crisis'
- Andrew McConnell's prawn and chicken dumplings with spiced vinegar recipe
Quarantine cocktails: Forage in your pantry to spice up a ‘sustainable’ drink have 334 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at May 22, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.