Dear Reader,As lockdown 4.0 nears its end, we all want to know whether this one will be the last. There has already been some easing, but we’d like to know whether the lockdown will be extended, especially in the red zones which are the centres of economic activity.The choice is made more difficult because the infection and death count is not yet under control and our coronavirus death toll now exceeds China’s. Perhaps things would have been better if we had followed Amartya Sen’s advice, but that’s water under the bridge now.Close There are two ways of looking at the increasing number of people on the streets. One is to worry about a possible rise in infections. The other is to take it as a sign the economy is getting back on track quickly. related news Fed’s Jerome Powell fears second coronavirus wave, reiterates crisis-fighting pledge Explained | Here’s how the heatwave can grip India’s economy Coronavirus state-wise tally May 30: Maharashtra records 62,228 cases, India 9th most hit nation The markets clearly believe the latter is the case, leading to a sharp rebound in the last few days. Nobody seems to be buying the International Monetary Fund’s prediction that the… Read full this story
- Kinestral's Halio Smart-Tinting Glass Selected for Integration into Katerra Smart Homes & Buildings
- Kinestral Technologies Ramps Production of Halio Smart-Tinting Glass, Announces First Shipments From New Factory
- Seeing Pigs Through Rose-Colored Glasses
- Scariest Farmers Market Ever Opens on Glass Bridge in China
- Experiential Marketing: A Rose By Many Other Names
- Do You Need Computer Glasses?
- Did the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro survive our drop test?
- How to Have the Best Possible Memorial Day Weekend
- Don't miss the signs like in 2008, bear market is coming, reiterates Jim Rogers
- Apple Now Bricks MacBook Pros to Prevent Third-Party Repair
Moneycontrol Pro Weekender | Mr Market puts on his rose-tinted glasses have 312 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.