President Ho Chi Minh read the Declaration of Independence in Hanoi on September 2, 1945, proclaiming the birth of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, now the Socialist Republic of Vietnam (Photo courtesy from Speakola) Vietnam contained COVID-19 at 270 cases (statistics in early May), zero deaths, and has had no new locally transmitted cases for over two weeks. Vietnam is the first large country to defeat COVID-19. Vietnam achieved this based on strong leadership and coordinated action, starting with the national government. As soon as the crisis emerged in China in January, Vietnam sprung into action. Vietnam shut schools in early February. Vietnam restricted travel and visas, quarantining people arriving from overseas, and ultimately closed its borders. Vietnam implemented contact tracing and strict quarantines on anyone who may have been exposed. Vietnam provided extensive transparency about known cases, to the extent that even the home address and place of work of anyone with COVID-19 become public information. And Vietnam conducted extensive testing. With 650 tests per confirmed case, Vietnam has the highest ratio of testing to confirmed cases in the world. Vietnam took early and decisive action and won the battle with COVID-19. Vietnam was also the first country to be… Read full this story
- A Kinder, Gentler Capitalism
- Will Barack Obama Tread the Torturous Path to a Sustainable New World Order?
- CEO Tips I Wish I'd Had When I Started
- Street Fighters of Bengal and the Vietnam Experience
- CEOs And Company Directors - The Good, The Bad And The Downright Greedy
- CEOs See Light at the End of the Tunnel?
- It is Time to Cease the Argument Regarding Socialism Versus Capitalism
- Roundtable - Working Capital in the Face of a Financial Crisis
- The week top CEOs got smacked
- BBC 100 Women 2019: Who is on the list this year?
Mekong Capital CEO: Vietnam to emerge as a world leader have 287 words, post on english.vov.vn at May 14, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.