America is reopening. But is it ready? advertisement advertisement The short answer is “no” (unless you live in New Mexico). The longer answer is something you can explore for yourself on a site called COVID Exit Strategy. Built by public health experts with no affiliation to the current government administration, it tracks the latest publicly available data on COVID-19 outbreaks to provide an at-a-glance breakdown on the readiness for every state in the United States to reopen. The project is a collaboration between 20 bipartisan healthcare experts, including the healthcare nonprofit United States of Care and volunteers at U.S. Digital Response, along with Duke University. It’s spearheaded in part by Andy Slavitt, the former acting administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services appointed by President Obama. And the core of the site is a red, yellow, and green map. This map is undoubtedly inspired by Slavitt’s own love for color-coded readiness graphics. He spoke to me last month about how he admired New Zealand’s color-coded COVID-19 resources, explaining how colors can cut through jargon and could help the public more easily track the 18 months of ongoing outbreaks many experts estimate we’re likely to endure. The final product,… Read full this story
- State platform ready to compete in e-payment
- Melbourne attacker inspired by Islamic State: Australian police
- Judges: Michigan must redraw congressional, legislative maps
- US ready for direct talks with Afghan Taliban, general says
- Why is the GOP sticking with Trump on border wall? Look at the 2020 Senate map.
- In the age of online maps, who needs street directories anymore?
- This map shows the US really has 11 separate ‘nations’ with entirely different cultures
- I just tried Google’s brand new augmented reality Maps on a one mile walk through San Francisco, and I miss it already
- Big news for people who spend hours staring at maps on planes
- FACT CHECK: No, this is not a map of the Philippines’ high-speed rail system
Is your state really ready to reopen? Check this map have 332 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at May 22, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.