As India’s health system grapples with the coronavirus, doctors are increasingly going online to consult with patients suffering less critical or chronic diseases, while the south Asian economy prepares to emerge from a nationwide lockdown.To head off a rush at clinics and an accompanying risk of infection, many doctors are turning to video calls and WhatsApp chats, in addition to regular telephone calls, to treat patients suffering from illnesses such as diabetes or kidney conditions.”There is a lockdown, patients cannot come, but the disease will not wait,” said Sushila Kataria, the director of internal medicine at Medanta Hospital in Gurugram near New Delhi.Close Kataria said she had started treating nearly 80% of patients online, with physical check-ups limited only to urgent cases. related news Coronavirus lockdown | 90% flight bookings comprise non-metro routes Home Minister Amit Shah meets PM Modi; briefs on CMs views on lockdown China rejects Donald Trump’s offer to mediate in Sino-India border standoff Despite one of the world’s strictest lockdowns since late March, India’s tally of virus infections stands at more than 165,000, with 4,706 deaths.The spread has overwhelmed many hospitals, already grappling with a shortage of beds and doctors, diverting attention from non-virus patients and… Read full this story
- Telemedicine robot helps doctors treat patients
- Leverage key Indian startup online communities
- As robots replace Indian techies, online education strikes gold
- BigRock pushes $4 .biz domain deal to get Indian SMBs online
- Don't let online health sites turn you into a 'cyberchondriac'
- Third of breast cancer patients treated unnecessarily, study says
- Why Your Doctor Might Not Be the Best Nutritional Resource
- Stephen Hawking's doctoral thesis now free to read online
- Twitter halts verification process amid Jason Kessler backlash
- Here's how trolls treat the women of CNET
Indian doctors go online to treat patients amid coronavirus outbreak have 295 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.