A revised government advisory on Friday recommended use of hydroxychloroquine as a preventive medication for asymptomatic healthcare workers working in non-COVID-19 hospitals, frontline staff on surveillance duty in containment zones and paramilitary/police personnel involved in coronavirus infection related activities. As was mentioned in the earlier advisory, the drug against the infection is also recommended for all asymptomatic healthcare workers involved in containment and treatment of COVID-19 and household contacts of laboratory confirmed cases.The revised advisory issued by the ICMR, however, cautioned that the intake of the medicine should not instill a sense of false security.The recommendation was made after the Joint Monitoring Group under the Chairmanship of Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) and including representatives from AIIMS, ICMR, National Centre for Disease Control, National Disaster Management Authority, WHO and experts drawn from central government hospitals reviewed the prophylactic use of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) in the context of expanding it to healthcare and other frontline workers deployed in non-COVID-19 and COVID-19 areas.Close Three new categories —all asymptomatic healthcare workers working in non-COVID hospitals/areas of COVID hospitals/blocks, asymptomatic frontline workers such as surveillance workers deployed in containment zones and paramilitary/police personnel involved in COVID-19 related activities —have now been included. related news… Read full this story
- The State Department has overhauled its system for issuing travel advisories to make them easier to understand
- Chain takes issue with others using its 'Taco Tuesday'
- NAACP issues travel advisory alleging discrimination by American Airlines
- Minister urges lifting of travel advisories as Ngurah Rai reopens
- DoLE issues advisory on holiday pay for June 5, 12
- Fitch Ratings revises Vietnam's outlook to positive at 'BB'
- PG&E will not issue North Bay power outages due to fire risk
- VinaCapitalVentures names VN-born former German vice chancellor advisory board chairman
- The Two Key Issues On Table To Bring Canada Back Into NAFTA
- Over 100,000 devices can be used to amplify DDoS attacks via multicast DNS
ICMR issues revised advisory on use of hydroxychloroquine have 325 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at May 23, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.