The Prime Minister will address the nation at 7pm with details of a ‘road map’ out of lockdown.
It comes as the Government’s new slogan on the coronavirus crisis was rejected by Scotland and Wales.
Boris Johnson swapped “stay at home, save lives, protect the NHS” for “stay alert, control the virus, save lives”.
But devolved nations say they’re sticking with telling residents to keep at home.
Mr Johnson is also expected to announce a new alert system ranging from level one – green – to level five- red.
Follow our coronavirus live blog for all the latest news and updates.
- New UK Prime Minister To Replace Boris Johnson To Be Announced On September 5
- Coronavirus map LIVE: UK records 31 hospital deaths in significant drop - lowest in months
- Boris Johnson defends Winston Churchill by warning against 'distorting history'
- How long-awaited Covid-19 inquiry will work and what it means for Boris Johnson
- Boris Johnson says 'nothing and no one' will stop him carrying on in defiant message to rebels
- 'Calls for probe' into shadowy Tory accused of 'threatening Boris Johnson in phone call'
- Boris Johnson left Britain broke and government paralysed as people face economic crisis
- 'I'll be back!' Last HURRAH for Boris Johnson as Truss and Sunak prepare to battle it out
- Boris Johnson says military could be called in to free up police to enforce Covid rules
- The race to succeed Boris Johnson, explained
- Boris Johnson resigns but will cling on to Autumn in bullish speech refusing to apologise
- Boris Johnson SAVED: Tory plotters' desperate bid to oust PM in no confidence vote fails
- Boris Johnson’s ‘double standards’ over Carrie wedding as PM attacked by priest
- Boris Johnson may remain Prime Minister for 3 more months - with summer of 'carnage'
- Inside Boris Johnson's turbulent love life - two ex-wives and countless lovers
- Boris Johnson refuses to back candidate to replace him as PM
- Petition to reinstate Boris Johnson as PM rejected by Parliament: 'Can't accept it'
- Boris Johnson's cheered out of Commons after rousing last speech 'Hasta La Vista baby!'
- Coronavirus: UK must 'come down hard' on South African variant
- The 11 Tories who want to replace Boris Johnson as PM
Coronavirus UK LIVE: Deaths hit 31,765 as Boris Johnson’s speech today to include ‘stay alert’ slogan have 2518 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 10, 2020. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.