Abdi Latif DahirNAIROBI, Kenya — In a quiet office on the third floor of a building in Nairobi’s central business district, the cartoonist known by his pen name, Gado, was sketching a satire about the coronavirus.Titled “Conspiracy Inc.,” it parodied the unfounded claims that have exploded about the pandemic, which has killed nearly a quarter-million people in 177 countries. He depicted men and women promoting claims that pharmaceutical firms invented the virus, and American soldiers spread it in China, and that the Chinese government wants to use it to depopulate and conquer Africa.Close As African worries about the disease have escalated in recent weeks, Gado, whose real name is Godfrey Mwampembwa, has taken to producing cartoons that are cutting and inventive but also instructional and informative. related news COVID-19 uncertainty: How business leaders can manage risk USCIS to begin premium processing of H-1B visas, green cards in phases from June 1, 2020 Roger Federer is the world’s highest-paid athlete, says Forbes “I kept thinking, ‘How am I going to contribute to educating the masses?’ ” Gado said one recent afternoon, as a squall blew through the streets of Nairobi, desolate and nearly empty from the government-ordered lockdown.“This is the time… Read full this story
- This plant is used to fight heroin addiction. Why is the DEA banning it?
- Fighting Back: Facebook Is Mailing Air Horns To All Of Its Users To Blow Whenever They See Fake News
- Meet the Daily Nous Cartoonists!
- The Ultimate Guide for Beginners to Get More Views on Medium
- How To Re-Publish Your Existing Blog Posts On Medium To Drive Extra Traffic
- Is Duplicate Content on Medium and LinkedIn Bad?
- Google Gary Illyes: Why Do You Publish On Medium Over Your Own Site?
- Lil’ Kim Uses
- May sees biggest decline in used car values since 2014
- 'If fighting games didn’t exist, I'd have probably gotten into Karate'
Coronavirus pandemic | Tanzanian cartoonist uses medium to keep up fight against misinformation have 320 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at May 2, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.