SINGAPORE: “I’m a traditional banker. I don’t know tech. But when I landed the role, it turned out to be an enabler." A leader who heads digital transformation at a major bank once said at a panel discussion I moderated. Had I come from a tech background, I would have operated in the realm of the possible, she added. "However, because I did not deep dive into the technology aspects, but looked at what customers wanted, I could focus on the desirable." Her embracing of an "I don't know" mantra struck a chord. These were not words you expect to hear from a seasoned corporate leader. This deeper lesson can be applied to many aspects of corporate life – that "I don't know" can be powerful words that unleash focus, creativity and collaboration. The trouble is acknowledging our limitations goes against the grain of everything we have been brought up to believe. READ: Commentary: How to sabotage your child's future – five dangerous notions about life, careers and education READ: Commentary: No room for BS in the time of coronavirus We were told to study hard to ace exams and avoid not knowing in school. When we entered the working world, we… Read full this story
- Fitch cuts India growth forecast to 30-year low amid COVID-19 outbreak; GDP for FY 2020-21 at 3.5%
- Kejriwal addresses C40 meeting, discusses strategies to combat COVID-19 outbreak
- Covid-19 outbreak: Science says newspapers are safe
- Tamil Nadu CM Palaniswami extends services of medical staff for two months amid coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak
- Coronavirus Update: SF Health Director Warns Of COVID-19 Outbreak At Laguna Honda Hospital
- Covid-19 outbreak: 18-yr-old skips birthday celebration, donates piggy bank saving to CM fund
- Sabeco's prospects darkened by Decree 100 and COVID-19 outbreak
- Private theatre owners go bankrupt due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Amid COVID-19 outbreak, China shifts to use "Russian-style" disinformation tactics
- Bạch Mai Hospital COVID-19 outbreak 'under control'
Commentary: This COVID-19 outbreak, corporate leaders should acknowledge they don’t have all the answers have 321 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at May 7, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.