Prabhudas Lilladher’s research report on Federal BankFB posted a largely in-line set of earnings at Rs3.0bn (PLe: Rs2.82bn) and core PPOP of Rs5.9bn (PLe: Rs6.1bn). Overall PPOP was boosted by strong trading profits and used it to make higher provisions for overdue accounts, COVID impact on certain sectors and improve PCR with benefit of lower slippages from moratorium standstill. Bank also had to provide acturial employee benefits of Rs1.2bn owing to drop in yields. Adjusting to COVID, core performance would have been undeterred but seems slippgaes run rate still would have been at Rs5.0-6.0bn/qtr and still leading to higher provisions. Key negative was NIMs still remaining dismal at 3.0%, while positive was better deposit growth in NRE/Retail TD & SA. OutlookWe retain BUY with revised TP of Rs67 (from Rs73) based on 0.9x Mar-22 ABV as valuations are undemanding amongst mid-cap banks.click hereDisclaimer: The views and investment tips expressed by investment experts/broking houses/rating agencies on moneycontrol.com are their own, and not that of the website or its management. Moneycontrol.com advises users to check with certified experts before taking any investment decisions.Moneycontrol Ready ReckonerNow that payment deadlines have been relaxed due to COVID-19, the Moneycontrol Ready Reckoner will help keep your date with… Read full this story
- Accumulate IDFC First Bank; target of Rs 21: Prabhudas Lilladher
- Accumulate HDFC; target of Rs 1992: Prabhudas Lilladher
- Buy Bayer Cropscience; target of Rs 6010: Prabhudas Lilladher
- Buy UPL; target of Rs 497: Prabhudas Lilladher
- Hold Hindustan Zinc; target of Rs 195: Prabhudas Lilladher
- Buy DCB Bank, target price Rs 131: Centrum
- Buy ICICI Bank; target of Rs 444: YES Securities
- Stocks in the news: Kotak Bank, Lupin, TVS Motor, Federal Bank, United Spirits, Quess Corp and NTPC
- Assorted Indian banks at Rs 151.2 per share; any takers?
- Trending stocks: Federal Bank shares gain over 1%
Buy Federal Bank; target of Rs 67: Prabhudas Lilladher have 312 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.