World Health Organisation (WHO) chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus praised Prime Minister Narendra Modi on April 2 for the steps he has taken to help the poor during the 21-day lockdown that was announced on March 24.The lockdown was aimed at enforcing strict social distancing measures to “break the chain” and curb the spread of the novel coronavirus in India.Coronavirus News India LIVE Updates Close Taking to Twitter, Ghebreyesus not only praised the PM for announcing the relief package but also suggested other countries imposing similar lockdowns to take a cue from India’s stimulus package. related news Coronavirus impact | India seeks visa extension for students, professionals in US Coronavirus impact: Bounce cuts salaries across levels to extend cash runway Coronavirus pandemic | 84% feel world will recover from COVID-19 in 6-12 months: Survey The Indian government has announced a Rs 1.7 lakh-crore stimulus package to ease the stress of the poor Indians, especially migrant workers and daily wage earners, who are facing acute financial stress due to the lockdown. The relief package was launched under the Pradhan Mantri Gareeb Kalyan Yojana and include direct cash transfers, assuring food security, etc.Pointing out how several developing countries are not being able to implement social welfare schemes… Read full this story
- Kerala: BJP threatens to ‘beat up’ writer after he ‘insults’ PM Modi
- I am not Shahenshah or imperious ruler: PM Modi on personal security
- PM Modi's bonanza to Indian farmers hampered by funds, storage
- Rural India has declared itself open defecation free, says PM Modi
- 'Bail gaadi' Congress, its leaders out on bail: PM Modi's fiery attack in Jaipur
- Efforts on to make Ayushman Bharat foolproof: PM Modi
- Is ex-VP Hamid Ansari miffed with PM Modi?
- Largest Mobile Manufacturing Unit In The World To Be Inaugurated By PM Modi And South Korean President.
- World’s Largest Cell Phone Factory to be Opened by PM Modi at Noida
- Congress is 'bail gaadi', stalwarts of party are out on bail: PM Modi
WHO chief commends PM Modi for COVID-19 relief package have 331 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.