Even as America continues to see the death toll of COVID-19 rise, the unfortunate reality is that this pandemic will follow us for many months even after cases decline. Experts suggest we’ll weather 18 months of outbreaks across the globe before we have a vaccine, which means we might not shelter in place just once to get the virus under control. Rather, our behavior will need to be rapidly tweaked, city-by-city, as new cases crop up, to thwart new exponential spread. advertisement advertisement Which is why Andy Slavitt, the former Acting Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services appointed by President Obama, has a suggestion: “We’re going to need to find a way to communicate [threats and appropriate behaviors] as they come and go, and we need a national standard,” says Slavitt, who’s also the founder of healthcare nonprofit United States of Care. His solution, which he says he’s proposed to the White House, is to build a nationwide, color-coded alert system much like the Department of Homeland Security implemented to warn of terrorist attacks following 9/11—or much like New Zealand has implemented to warn about COVID-19 right now. The other thing we must do is develop a… Read full this story
- We don’t need more technology, we need better ways of using it
- Runaway leaders Juventus can still get better, warns Emre Can
- We need better solutions for county's broken bus service, say officials
- Brexit shows workers need better employment protection as jobs relocated abroad
- ‘Cowboy’ workers who carry out cosmetic procedures need stopping, warns MP
- 'I want to stay in the EU but we need better arguments for it'
- Migrants need better access to health care in Europe: WHO
- Group begging for money 'not homeless or in need', police warn
- Patients with chronic conditions aren't get the exercise they need, experts warn
- The Daily Mirror: Brexit 'shows workers need better employment protection as jobs relocated abroad'
To stomp out COVID-19, America will need a better warning system have 328 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at April 6, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.