Prince William, Kate Middleton and their children all wore NHS blue as they led the latest week of Clap for Carers this evening – as millions of Britons saluted key workers from their doorsteps. The royal couple stood alongside Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis to put their hands together and praise everyone from NHS healthcare workers to shop assistants who are risking their lives to keep the country going. The Duke of Duchess of Cambridge’s three children have been encouraged to take part in the Clap for Carers every week, and were joined by Prince Charles and Camilla who are currently staying at Birkhall in Aberdeenshire. The NHS and its staff is something that William and Kate have put at the heart of their private and professional lives, and this week announced a new initiative to support key workers by providing a dedicated mental health support system, Our Frontline. For the fifth consecutive week, people from around the country stood out on their doorsteps to clap for a minute as a thank you for the brave staff on the frontlines battling the coronavirus. Prime Minister Boris Johnson – who is still recuperating from the virus at Chequers – also joined in… Read full this story
- The coronavirus ‘isolation pods’ in Britain’s hospitals: NHS sets up windowless shipping containers and rusty cabins as a NINTH case is diagnosed in the UK
- Now A&E medic has coronavirus: Virus fear grips UK as NHS hospital worker is among eight with deadly bug including GP and scout leader - while 'drug lord' extradited from Thailand collapses sparking prison panic
- Two MPs go into 'self-isolation' after attending Westminster bus conference attended by coronavirus patient and 250 other delegates
- Is the EU holding up Britain's coronavirus response? UK is poised to ban ALL people who've been to China - but government insiders say it will be 'pointless' if Brussels does not follow suit as global death toll hits 493
- ‘We Are the World’: A Minute-by-Minute Breakdown
- A 'Survivor' Producer, a Dead Wife, Four Years in a Mexican Prison: New Evidence Amid a Nightmare
Prince William, Kate Middleton and their children all wear NHS blue to lead fifth week of Clap For the Carers - as MILLIONS of Britons noisily salute key workers from their doorsteps have 343 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 23, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.