Almost 60% of patients who were subsequently confirmed as positive for COVID-19 had reported losing their sense of smell and taste, the data analyzed by the researchers showed.That compared with 18% of those who tested negative.These results, which were posted online but not peer-reviewed, were much stronger in predicting a positive COVID-19 diagnosis than self-reported fever, the researchers at King’s College London said.Of 1.5 million app users between March 24 and March 29, 26% reported one or more symptoms through the app. Of these, 1,702 also reported having been tested for COVID-19, with 579 positive results and 1,123 negative results.Using all the data collected, the research team developed a mathematical model to identify which combination of symptoms – ranging from loss of smell and taste, to fever, persistent cough, fatigue, diarrhoea, abdominal pain and loss of appetite -was most accurate in predicting COVID-19 infection.“When combined with other symptoms, people with loss of smell and taste appear to be three times more likely to have contracted COVID-19 according to our data, and should therefore self-isolate for seven days to reduce the spread of the disease,” said Tim Spector, a King’s professor who led the study.Spector’s team applied their findings to the more than 400,000 people reporting symptoms via the app… Read full this story
- In weight loss not all calories are alike, says a new study
- Why Protein is the Key to Fat Loss
- What The Weight Loss Shake Industry Does Not Want You To Know
- Eating Carbs Actually Leads to Weight Loss and Health
- The Top 10 Keys to Successful Weight-Loss
- What Foods Hold the Most Weight Loss Protection?
- How To "Choose" Weight Loss
- Three Key Questions To What's Really Going On Inside Your Head (Weight Loss)
- Coping with Female Hair Loss
- More Evidence That Tea Helps with Weight Loss
Loss of taste, smell key COVID-19 symptoms: British scientists' study have 303 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at April 1, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.