Vaccine maker Bharat Biotech, on April 4, said it had joined hands to develop a unique intranasal vaccine against COVID-19 in collaboration with US-based vaccine company FluGen and virologists at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.Bharat Biotech will manufacture the vaccine, conduct clinical trials and prepare to produce almost 300 million doses of vaccine for global distribution.”Under the collaboration agreement, FluGen will transfer its existing manufacturing processes to Bharat Biotech to enable the company to scale up production and produce the vaccine for clinical trials,” said Dr. Raches Ella, Head of Business Development at Bharat Biotech.Close An intranasal vaccine is delivered through the nose, something like a nasal spray. It is considered to be effective and convenient for self administration, but the formulation is highly complex. There is no vaccine for COVID-19 at the moment. Along with Bharat Biotech, dozens of companies are trying to develop vaccines including Indian companies, such as Serum Institute of India and Cadila Healthcare. related news Coronavirus pandemic | Australian PM Scott Morrison urges WHO, UN to act against China’s wet markets Coronavirus impact: Residential bookings see a 78% drop in Feb–March Coronavirus forces San Francisco to put homeless into hotels Bharat Biotech has said the refinement… Read full this story
- Meeting Themes - 19 Tips on How to Create an Effective Theme
- Book Marketing by Tying Into Breaking News
- 8 Florida Murders Tied To 'Most Prolific' US Serial Killer By FBI
- Doubles Charity Tennis Tournament at McKinley this August
- Learned Happiness - You Can Train Yourself Into Joy
- Patent Reform Act Stalled in the Senate - Long-Debated New Law is Likely to Be Lobbied Even More
- Four Things That Contribute to Poor Health in Dogs
- Child Immunization - New Plague of the 20th Century?
- Take on the Challenge - Be Peculiar
- Hepatitis - Learn About the Disease
Intranasal COVID-19 vaccine: Bharat Biotech ties up with FluGen, UW-Madison virologists have 306 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.