* Update at 12.47pm: Telangana minister Errabelli Dayakar Rao distributing masks to people in his village Parvathagiri in Warangal Rural district.
* Update at 12.17pm: SCB authorities have imposed fines of Rs 5,000 and Rs 3,000 to the shopkeepers at Bowenpally for defying social distancing during delivery of the essential commodities to customers.
*With a sudden spike in novel coronavirus cases in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, the focus has now shifted to ‘Markaz’ (central office) of Tablighi Jamaat at Hazrat Nizamuddin basti of old Delhi. About 1,800 people from both Telugu states had attended the biannual three-day session, which was held from March 15. Most of the positive cases reported in the two states are either participants at the congregation or their close contacts. All six deaths reported thus far in Telangana are linked to old Delhi.
*The Tablighi Jamaat (TJ) meet at Nizamuddin in Delhi has changed Covid-19 scenario in the two Telugu states, resulting in a spike in deaths and positive cases. Of 1,030 attendees from Telangana, six have died. At least 22 attendees and 19 of their family members have tested positive.
*Most mosques in the city have been locked down with entry permitted only to imams and mauzins to offer prayers and make the call for prayer. However, unscheduled prayer calls have been heard from the terraces of houses at nights regularly in certain parts of Old City.
*Director general of police M Mahendar Reddy has asked resident associations to inform the police if anyone has flu-like symptoms.
- Bhutan enforces 7-day nationwide lockdown from today as Covid-19 cases surge
- Partying while they still can! Revellers in towns and cities that can still enjoy a drink under Tier 2 rules hit the pubs and bars as rest of the country are plunged into tougher Covid restrictions
- Scotland shuts down: Two million Scots are plunged into tough level 4 lockdown - as police say they WON'T set up patrol to enforce draconian plans to make crossing the border illegal
- Manchester revellers hit the streets for one last night before pubs shut after Boris Johnson forced the city into Tier 3 lockdown from TONIGHT
- 'We've been thrown under a bus': Fury in Sheffield and Manchester as cities are plunged into Tier 3 lockdown and frustrated pubs reveal how they've had to find food vendors to stay open
- It's carnage out there! York students celebrate city staying in Tier 2 - amid warning 30,000 hospitality firms face ruin by end of year after Frankie & Benny's and Wagamama group lost £15m in last lockdown
- Tier 4 announcement: What did Matt Hancock say in his speech today, December 23?
- Where could ESCAPE Tier Three? Urban-rural splits loom for divided counties as Tory MPs demand local approach in Kent and Leicestershire as England awaits verdict of local lockdown review
- Hyderabad: No water supply in these areas for 36 hours from December 16
- Hyderabad: Water supply to be affected in these areas till 5 PM on December 17
- Boris Johnson refuses to rule out a THIRD national lockdown after Sage model warns Britain needs to increase vaccination rate from 350,000 people a week to TWO MILLION to avoid 45,000 extra deaths from mutated Kent coronavirus
- Furious Theresa May leads Tory assault on lockdown plan accusing Boris of using the 'wrong' projection of 4,000 deaths a day to shore up his case - as PM scuttles out of House after begging mutinous MPs to back him saying the NHS could 'collapse' otherwise
- Christmas still in peril: Hancock warns it's 'too early' to know if Covid cases will fall enough to lift national lockdown on December 2 - and PHE boss says tiered restrictions must be 'strengthened' if it is
- Tier Four until EASTER: 'Professor Lockdown' Neil Ferguson warns draconian measures may be needed for months
- Coronavirus surging in England's three worst hotspots - even before lockdown ended
- Majority of Britons believes Christmas SHOULD be cancelled and current Covid lockdown rules kept in place over festive period, poll finds
- 'Brace yourselves': Gladys Berejiklian warns Sydney to expect an explosion of new coronavirus cases today - as desperate search for 'patient zero' who spread overseas strain continues
- Why ARE Kent and East Sussex's Covid outbreaks spiking? Scientists blame lax Tier One rules before lockdown while councillors bash 'wilful disregard' of social distancing
- How are HCM City locals celebrating the holiday this year?
- NSW Opposition leader calls for masks to be made mandatory and says she'd support a Sydney-wide lockdown if cases spread beyond the Northern Beaches
Hyderabad lockdown news: Today's updates from your city have 754 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at April 1, 2020. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.