The army veteran who rose to fame having raised nearly £29million for the NHS by walking 100 lengths of his garden, has received some 100,000 cards and 1,000 presents ahead of his birthday this week. Captain Tom Moore, who lives in Bedfordshire, said he was ’blown away’ by the outpouring of kindness from the public in anticipation of his 100th birthday on Thursday. His eldest daughter Lucy Teixeira said: ’At last count my dad has had around 100,000 cards and a thousand gifts of everything from chocolate and flowers.’ Bedford School, attended by Captain Moore’s grandson, Benjie, accepted the delivery from a Northampton sorting office, providing their Great Hall for socially-distancing staff to open each card. Captain Tom Moore (pictured) rose to fame having raised nearly £29million for the NHS by walking 100 lengths of his garden Bedford School’s Great Hall transformed into a sorting office for Captain Tom Moore’s birthday cards A close-up picture of some of the 100th birthday cards sent to Captain Tom. The 99-year-old crowdfunded the sum by walking lengths of his garden in Bedfordshire Captain Moore, 99, became a household name after crowdfunding almost £29million for the NHS Charities Together fund by walking lengths of his garden in Marston Moretaine, in Bedfordshire. He initially intended… Read full this story
- Homeless Hero Who Stopped Australia Terror Attack With Shopping Cart Gets $60,000 in Donations
- 25 fun things to see and do in San Antonio this weekend
- Native American Women Made History in the Midterms. Here's Why It Took so Long
- Minnesota Republicans puzzle over how to break statewide losing streak
- This doc’s house calls saved two lives
- Oñate choir invited to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Blaze Bernstein murder: Was an Ivy League student slain in the name of hate?
- ‘Never met a braver man than Doc’
- California shooter Ian David Long was ‘weird’ loner, danced in garage
- Exploring the Puget Sound region’s unusual Airbnbs, from an island tree house to a Finnish-style spa
Hero NHS fundraiser Captain Tom Moore is 'blown away' after being sent 100,000 birthday cards and 1,000 presents ahead of 100th celebration have 331 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 26, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.