MA KalamIt would indeed be revealing, as well as quite embarrassing, particularly for the privileged middle and upper classes, if a survey is undertaken to locate and spot the residential blocks in the different cities of India where the instances of COVID-19 cases have occurred. That will also show how and from where the infection is spreading to other people and other localities. It is not at all difficult to do that; mapping through GIS is an easy exercise.Needless to say, almost all of these cases surely are in the neighborhoods inhabited by the richer and privileged sections of the society, and most of them are those who have a travel history of having been abroad. After their return they have infected those who have come in contact with them.Close Fine, many of them have been isolated or quarantined, if not actually hospitalised, and as a consequence of the lockdown have the extravagance of ‘work from home’ (it is another matter that post-lockdown the TV viewership has increased sharply). Many of them also have the advantage of drawing their regular, guaranteed salary at the end of the month. related news Coronavirus pandemic | Axis Bank offers EMI deferment on loans… Read full this story
- Lockdown in India must be extended to 49 days to curb spread of COVID-19 coronavirus: Study
- COVID-19 coronavirus: US President Donald Trump warns of retaliation if India fails to export hydroxychloroquine
- Covid-19: ICAI allows Class 12 students appearing for board exams to provisionally register for Foundation course
- COVID-19: Blessing in Disguise For India's Political Parties as They Deploy Workers on Ground?
- Covid-19 pandemic affecting business in India, Europe: Tata Steel
- Covid-19: PM Modi explains why India needs more downloads of Aarogya Setu App
- COVID-19 coronavirus can survive for over 7 days on face masks, claims new study
- COVID-19: Coronavirus cases total 258 with one more recorded
- COVID-19: SC highlights need to protect doctors and healthcare workers
- Google Maps to show locations of COVID-19 food, night shelters in India
COVID-19 | Coronavirus highlights the class divide in India have 333 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at April 2, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.