Tokyo 2020 organisers left the Olympic flame in the hands of Fukushima Prefecture on April 1 where it will be on display in a lantern for the next month after the Games were postponed for a year due to the coronavirus outbreak.The handover took place at a subdued ceremony at the J-Village National Training Centre in Fukushima, which was originally set to be the starting point of the torch relay.Only Tokyo 2020 COO Yukihiko Nunomura made the trip north from the organising committee.Close Track this blog for all the latest updates on the coronavirus outbreak related news Coronavirus lockdown | India’s fiscal deficit may shoot to 6.2% of GDP in FY21: Fitch Solutions Coronavirus pandemic | It’s Startup Vs Covid-19 as techies, investors help states fight outbreak “This is a (symbol of) hope for the world to celebrate the best of human beings through Tokyo 2020 after we overcome the serious coronavirus,” said Nunomura to start the ceremony.He then handed the Olympic flame to Makoto Noji from the Fukushima government.”I strongly believe that the Olympic flame departure from the J-Village next year will be a strong message that we can overcome whatever difficulty,” said Noji.”(It is a) symbol of hope -… Read full this story
- Rita Ora enjoys low-key dinner date in London... after Liam Payne hinted his ex Cheryl was 'jealous of his chemistry with her during steamy duet'
- Low-Keyed Louis Vuitton Bag - Irene
- Becoming Your Best Self - Use it and Love It, Or Pass it On, Key to Being Clutter-Free
- Olympics and the Glory of It
- 2010 Olympics Vancouver
- Olympic Topiaries - A Symbol of Pride to People's Republic of China
- Beijing Olympics Official Site
- 2012 Olympics in London, a Boon?
- Swine Flu is Officially Pandemic - How to Reduce Your Chances of Getting Swine Flu
- Vancouver and Whistler 2010 Olympics - 2009 Update
Coronavirus pandemic | Olympic flame passed to Fukushima during low-key ceremony have 311 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at April 1, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.