A much-loved mum died from coronavirus just days after the virus claimed her elderly father’s life.
Jocelyn Pettit, from Birmingham, was left devastated after her father Vincent Pettit, died after falling ill with Covid-19.
Vincent had lived in a local care home, and died aged 86 on April 4.
Just five days later 54-year-old Jocelyn was found collapsed at her home in Castle Vale, an ambulance was called and she was rushed to hospital
Jocelyn was well known and much-loved within the Castle Vale community and had been very active within the local punk scene.
She leaves behind her children Sam and Katie, grandchildren Mia, Vinnie, sister Jane and partner John.
Her devastated son Sam Byron, aged 31, told Birmingham Live: “It has just been a terrible time. We lost our grandad Vincent to coronavirus and then my mum.
“My aunty Jane had gone round to see my mom and found her collapsed. She was rushed to hospital.
“They thought at first it could be a severe case of pneumonia but it turned out to be coronavirus. Nothing could be done for her and she died.
“Fortunately her partner John was by her side. She did have a few underlying health conditions and had lost her hearing but she was only 54 and it was a total shock.
“I had spoken to her the day before she was found collapsed and she had been absolutely fine. It was just so sudden.
“She was just a lovely, caring and funny lady who was devoted to her children Katie and myself and to her two grandchildren Mia and Vinnie.
“My grandad Vincent was a lovely man and I even named my son Vinnie after him. To lose them both at the same time was a total bolt out of the blue and has just been devastating.”
Michael Michie set up a fundraiser on GoFundMe to help pay for funeral costs for Jocelyn and Vincent.
He posted: “Jocelyn Anne Pettit tragically lost her life to the Coronavirus on 09/04/2020, following the virus sadly taking her 86-year old-father, Vincent Pettit five days previous.
“Jocelyn grew up in Castle Vale and was well known and loved within the punk community.
“The past three years were a rollercoaster for Jocelyn after suffering several health conditions including losing her hearing but life bought her happiness when she became a nan to Mia and Vinnie.
“Jocelyn was loved by many people and will always be remembered for her funny and caring nature. Trying to raise money for Sam and his family at this difficult time.”
So far nearly £4,000 has been raised for Sam and his family.
To donate to the cause click here
- Family 'heartbroken' as man dies after falling down stairs and suffering brain injury
- William Dunlop's heartbroken mum on the first Christmas without him
- Little Kai Corkum's heartbroken mum burying second child in two years
- Heartbroken mum relives moment her husband and son, seven, were knocked down and killed on way home from Christmas party
- Heartbroken mum fears she'll never know why pregnant daughter died in her sleep
- Heartbroken mum's tribute to son, 22, killed in car crash
- Mum, 28, dies suddenly at home leaving young kids asking for 'mummy in heaven'
- Heartbreaking tributes to bowel cancer mum who died weeks after dream wedding
- RAF troops carry coffins for Dambusters hero and wife buried together in emotional funeral after dying just 10 days apart
- Windsor Davies dead – It Ain’t Half Hot Mum star dies aged 88, four months after wife of 62 years
- Matt Goss reveals he reunited with brother Luke after their mum Carol died from cancer
- 'Healthy' mum-of-four dies suddenly on Christmas Day leaving family in turmoil
- End of a true love story – Married couple of 67 years pass away five days apart
- 'Inspiring' mum-of-seven dies days after giving birth to miracle Christmas baby
- Young teen dies day after being struck down with stomach bug
- Young woman's 'execution' at work leaves family 'living in a nightmare'
- Heartbroken mum reveals she may never know why pregnant daughter died in sleep
- 'Healthy' mum dies at Christmas leaving family in turmoil
- Heartbroken mum, 30, crowdfunding for IVF after daughter, 4, was killed by a falling marble fireplace
- 'Healthy' mum drops dead on Christmas Day leaving family in turmoil
Coronavirus leaves family heartbroken as mum and grandad die days apart have 700 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at April 28, 2020. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.