It’s a nightmare scenario for many executives: Finding out that your company’s computers have been infected with ransomware that’s holding critical data hostage. advertisement advertisement “These are very urgent situations,” says Bill Siegel, cofounder and CEO of Coveware, a ransomware recovery company based in Connecticut. “The position the companies are typically in is one of severe business disruption.” For companies that have never dealt with ransomware before, it may not even be clear who to call to begin to look into the situation. But for the growing number of organizations with cyberinsurance policies that cover digital attacks, the answer is often their insurers, who will often quickly put them in touch with so-called “breach coaches“—a term that usually refers to specialized attorneys who’ve essentially become fixers in the fight against ransomware. John Mullen, whose law firm Mullen Coughlin specializes in data breach situations, says his firm operates hotlines where dozens of insurers, brokers, and their clients can leave voice messages in the event of a ransomware attack or other breach. “We see it within a minute,” Mullen says. “Within two or three minutes, we’re clearing conflicts. Within 10 minutes, we’re reaching out.” Attorneys like Mullen naturally can provide legal advice… Read full this story
- Astros GM: Hackers did not gain access using old passwords
- Tennessee using sleep coach to help players during practice
- SEC Personality: League profile increases with new coaches
- Newcastle United part company with boss Carver, coach Stone
- The Latest: Over 1,000 Germans tied to offshore data leak
- The Latest: Panama law firm helped company tied to Mugabe
- Is this football’s next big coaching breakthrough?
- Small company helps Twitter make money
- Georgia joins states scrutinizing fantasy sports companies
- Pele sues Samsung over improper use of image in newspaper ad
When hackers kidnap their data, companies are increasingly using ‘breach coaches’ and negotiators have 301 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.