Online grocery delivery startup Bigbasket on March 24 announced the acquisition of 100 percent stake in Bengaluru-based milk delivery app DailyNinja. The move is a step towards consolidating its subscription delivery business, especially in Bengaluru.The Alibaba-backed company will now have access to DailyNinja’s network of 2,000 milkman partners across India. The merger comes at a time when online grocers are struggling to meet increased demand on account of the 21-day complete lockdown in wake of novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, pandemic.To catch all live updates on the coronavirus pandemic, click here…Close BigBasket said in a statement that the merger would help DailyNinja “grow its business twofold within a month by leveraging BigBasket’s supply chain capabilities. Also, DailyNinja’s customers can access BBDaily’s non-milk range.” related news Coronavirus pandemic | India’s huge outsourcing industry struggles with work-from-home scenario Coronavirus pandemic | Some Indian ports declare force majeure, could delay crude discharge: Sources Coronavirus | TRAI to study telcos demand seeking extra spectrum to handle rise in data: Report The deal is estimated to value Bengaluru-based DailyNinja around Rs 48 crore in stock, sources told The Economic Times.BigBasket had in 2018 acquired Pune-based RainCan and Bengaluru-based Morningcart for its morning delivery service, BBDaily. The… Read full this story
- Buy H.G. Infra Engineering; target of Rs 441: HDFC Securities
- Samsung makes it easier to find viral videos with Milk Video app
- Vietnam scraps fine for unlicensed forex transactions valued below $1,000
- Buy State Bank of India, target price Rs 344: Dharmesh Shah
- UberEATS’ standalone food delivery app launches in its first U.S. cities
- Uber Tests A Standalone Food Delivery App
- CLSA maintains buy on ONGC, lowers target price to Rs 225
- Amar Ujala buys majority stake in Cygnus Medicare for Rs 130 crore
- Revolut blocks online fetish performers from using banking app
- Uber’s Standalone Food Delivery App Is Coming To The U.S.
Online grocer BigBasket buys milk delivery app DailyNinja, transaction valued around Rs 48cr have 312 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at March 25, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.