Ahead of the much-anticipated final against India on Sunday in the ongoing Women’s T20 World Cup, Australia’s Megan Schutt has a clear plea to skipper Meg Lanning — she doesn’t want to bowl to Shafali Verma and Smriti Mandhana. Schutt bore the brunt of Verma and Mandhana’s attacking cricket in the very first over during last month’s tri-series, dispatched for a four by the teenager on the very first ball and hit for a six by Mandhana.
Excitement abounds for the MCG showdown but Schutt admits she quakes at the sight of India’s top-order big guns, who flayed her for 16 runs in her opening over of the tournament.
“I just hate playing India — they’ve got the wood on me,” she said.
“Smriti and Verma have got me covered. That six in the tri-series was probably the biggest one I’ve ever been hit for.
“There are obviously some plans we’re going to revisit as bowlers. Clearly, I’m not the best match-up to those two in the powerplay. They find me quite easy to play,” she added.
Schutt’s T20I career economy rate stands at 5.98, rising to 6.93 against India. Her wickets also cost significantly more, coming at 24.66 a piece against the Women in Blue compared with a career figure of 15.68.
The 27-year-old thought her once-in-a-lifetime shot at a home World Cup final had gone when rain hit, but the pacer took a crucial two for 17 to down South Africa and take her side to Sunday’s showpiece against India.
“We’re in that final we’ve been talking about for so long and against India, which is super befitting, considering the tri-series we had. It couldn’t really be a bigger challenge for us.
“It’s not really a bad thing; it’s good we’re going up against a team we’ve played a lot against recently and it’s the same for them as well,” she said.
- England has 3 massive advantages heading into the Croatia clash — and they could determine who makes the World Cup final
- USA Basketball thinking ahead after disappointing World Cup
- How to Stream the Women's World Cup for Free
- How to Stream the 2019 World Cup for Free
- Croatia is mercilessly trolling England and English soccer after knocking them out of the World Cup in heartbreaking fashion
- Pussy Riot charged after protest that delayed World Cup
- France's World Cup domination extends to Fifa 18
- Fortnite World Cup Duos Champions Split Up Days After Win
- US wins 4th World Cup title, 2nd in a row, beats Dutch 2-0
- Kangaroo stops play during Australian woman's soccer match
- TechRadar’s World Cup of Computers: it's all kicking off
- England and Belgium to meet again in another meaningless match at the World Cup
"Just Hate Playing India": Australian Bowler Ahead Of Women's T20 World Cup Final have 618 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at March 6, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.