Jeremy Clarkson’s daughter Emily Clarkson is engaged.
The blogger and author, 25, shared the happy news that her partner Alex Andrew popped the question with a social media post on Friday.
After the romantic moment, Emily, who Jeremy, 59, shares with ex-wife Frances Cain, took to her Instagram page to upload a snap of herself flashing her new diamond ring as she cuddled her fiancé.
Proving she was taken by surprise by the proposal, she penned: “Well, s**t!!!! @alexandrew.1, alongside a ring emoji.
Andrew, who used to be a member of boy band Taken and now is a publicist, also posted the same snap to his Instagram page and wrote: “20.03.20 @em_clarkson.”
Shortly after, broadcaster Jeremy announced his happiness at the news on Twitter with a comical message that read: “Today, I delivered 2 sheeps and as my hand was up a vag, my daughter called to say she was getting married. Weird to be so so happy.”
Emily and Alex have been dating since 2013 and often share sweet snaps on social media.
Despite being in a relationship with Alex for eight years, earlier this year Emily shared how she had been approached by ITV producers to star in Love Island.
In a column written for The Sun, Emily explained her reasons for rejecting the one way ticket to reality TV fame.
She wrote: “On Thursday a producer at ITV rang, wanting to know if I was a) single and b) interested in appearing in the next series of Love Island.
“And if I wasn’t single but was interested, would I dump my boyfriend, Alex, for the opportunity…
“I think what the producer was trying to tell me was that they wanted someone not quite as fit as the rest of them, but a bit smarter. No offence.
“It was a flattering call… [But] I am so not Love Island – or the face of the inevitable Missguided deal every female Islander leaves with.”
The daughter of the former Top Gear presenter went on to insist that “stomach rolls and heat rash” would make her an easy target for trolls, and she couldn’t face the shame of her parents seeing her have sex on TV.
She concluded that she had to turn down the offer because the fleeting fame and clothing deals just aren’t worth it.
Emily explained: “I had to turn it down.
“Not just because of my very long term relationship, or because I’m too sensitive to face the (inevitably cruel) judgement of the nation, or that I’d be the only one to have tummy rolls (plural), or that it would turn my life as I know it on it’s head.
“I turned it down because I know that all that glitters is most certainly not gold, and no amount of Range Rover Sports would see me sell my soul to this particular devil.”
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Jeremy Clarkson and his former Top Gear colleagues see their DriveTribe social network company lose a whopping £6.7million in one year
- Full text: Jeremy Corbyn’s conference speech
- Original EastEnders cast member Sandy Ratcliff, 70, died from an accidental overdose alone in her care home, inquest hears
- On AJ Freund's 6th birthday, community members are still seeking justice
- The great Suffolk panto guide 2019
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: The hair-raising secret of Princess Margaret's mane and the lock of tresses that inspired Helena Bonham Carter in The Crown
- Coronation Street SPOILER: Kym Marsh films wedding scene in plunging bridal gown (and trainers) ahead of her soap exit
- These are the stars appearing on Celebrity X Factor
- The celebrity X Factor lineup in full
- The 24 people who have been in court in Hull this week
- 13 of the sexiest celebs born and bred in Bedfordshire
- EXCLUSIVE: 'He was never shunned. He was never homeless.' Pete Buttigieg's brother-in-law says 2020 candidate's husband is loved by his family and calls claims of a rift a 'sob story'
- The mess in Syria
- The 100 best films of the 21st century
- Jo Swinson: why we must block Brexit
- What to watch for in tonight’s debate
- Prizes awarded to Queen Elizabeth II High School pupils
- Coleen Rooney accuses Rebekah Vardy of leaking stories about her after planting FAKE information on her private Instagram page to catch her out... but 'disgusted' Vardy tells her 'you should have called me first'
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Ian Botham's son Liam is bankrupt over a £50,000 bill for pheasants supplied to his country shoots business
- Weekly papers: William Dunlop tribute and rugby joy
Jeremy Clarkson's daughter Emily engaged to former boy band member Alex Andrew have 756 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 20, 2020. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.