Glastonbury is still set to go ahead amid the coronavirus outbreak with the line-up announced today.
While Coachella was postponed until later on in the year, co-organiser Emily Eavis has confirmed that the UK festival is happening (for now).
Taking to Instagram, the 40-year-old made the announcement while dropping the first round of name set to take to the stage this summer.
She wrote: 'So, after much consideration given the current circumstances, and with the best of intentions, here is the first list of musical acts for Glastonbury 2020.
'As things stand we are still working hard to deliver our 50th anniversary Festival in June and we are very proud of the bill that we have put together over the last year or so.
'No one has a crystal ball to see exactly where we will all be 15 weeks from now, but we are keeping our fingers firmly crossed that it will be here at Worthy Farm for the greatest show on Earth!'
Emily continued: 'As always this is just a taste of what is to come, we plan to announce many more artists and attractions, area by area, over the coming weeks leading up to the full line-up in May.
'In the meantime, we post this with much love to all. '
Taylor Swift leads the headliners alongside Kendrick Lamar, Paul McCartney and Diana Ross.
They'll be joined by the likes of Blossoms, Burna Boy, Camila Cabello, Celeste, Charli XCX and of course, festival staple: Dizzee Rascal.
It was unsure whether or not Glastonbury would still go ahead following the outbreak, with many fans calling for the organisers to postpone the summer event, set to take place in June.
'Cancelling Glastonbury could mean lost revenue of at least £100 million,' Mark Halstead, partner at financial risk and business intelligence firm Red Flag Alert told Metro.co.uk.
According to Halstead, this takes into account money generated from tickets, food and drink, as well as spend in the local area of Worthy Farm, Somerset.
Halstead explained: 'Losses associated with a cancellation because of coronavirus would rise further and impact retailers nationwide through loss of sales of festival essentials like tents and picnic equipment.
'The big challenge for festival organisers and artists is containing losses this year. There's only so many available venues and dates in the calendar, meaning it'll become massively competitive to rearrange events to take place later this year.'
However, for now, it looks as though we can start buying our wellies and getting out the facepaint with all the hope that the show will go on!
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected]ro.co.uk , calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Colleges and universities work to control outbreaks as a new school year starts amid coronavirus
- KBC 12 promo out: Amitabh Bachchan urges people to turn setbacks into comebacks amid coronavirus crisis
- India Unlock 4: Chandigarh theatre artistes await full fledged functioning of theatres amid coronavirus pandemic
- Francis Bacon triptych sells for $84m after bidding war at live-streamed auction amid coronavirus pandemic
- Ligue 1 set to be postponed until at least June 15 amid coronavirus pandemic
- Schools in Japan are back in session amid coronavirus pandemic
- Amazon workers walk out over lack of protective gear amid coronavirus
- Vietnam completes F1 track amid coronavirus concern
- SEC announces additional coronavirus guidelines for football game days
- Roundup: Iran's COVID-19 cases top 375,000; Mideast countries start new school year amid coronavirus concerns
- Iran's COVID-19 cases top 375,000; Mideast countries start new school year amid coronavirus concerns
- Heathrow CEO forgoes pay amid coronavirus crisis
- New Jersey governor says indoor dining will no longer resume this week amid coronavirus spikes
- Hawaii public health shakeup follows other states' amid coronavirus pandemic
- Nevada schools reopen with virtual, in-person classes amid coronavirus pandemic
- Ant and Dec branded ‘true pros’ as they present Saturday Night Takeaway without live audience amid coronavirus pandemic
- Tamil Nadu extends lockdown till September 30 amid coronavirus outbreak
- Uber says 'no sacred cows' amid coronavirus crisis
- Community Trust South grants continue to decrease amid coronavirus difficulties
- Jeff Bezos' ex-wife MacKenzie Scott becomes the world's richest woman after Amazon shares surged during coronavirus lockdowns
Glastonbury line-up announced amid coronavirus have 743 words, post on metro.co.uk at March 12, 2020. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.