DBS Foundation, the first foundation in Singapore dedicated to championing social entrepreneurship, is calling for social enterprises across DBS markets in Asia – India, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, China, to apply for the 2020 DBS Foundation Social Enterprise (SE) Grant. Successful applicants will not only receive grant funding of up to SGD 250,000 each, but also be supported to scale their business and build business resilience especially in today’s challenging business environment. DBS will lend its support by raising awareness of the SEs through its various programmes and platforms, providing the SEs business opportunities, and assisting with capacity building.Shoma Narayanan, Executive Director- Strategic Marketing & Communications said, “The 2020 DBS Foundation Social Enterprise Grant program aims to continue our efforts towards nurturing and strengthening the social enterprise ecosystem. In the current scenario triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic, we understand that social enterprises need holistic support to scale further. We hope that the initiative will allow entrepreneurs to pursue their goals and build innovative business models that tackle key social and environmental challenges.”As part of the bank’s collective efforts to support individuals, businesses and communities impacted by the COVID-19 situation, DBS has been collaborating with DBS Foundation-supported social enterprises for… Read full this story
- The Big Read: Grumbling and rumbling at social enterprise hawker centres — what’s the rub?
- Social enterprises key ‘to boost sustainable development’
- Public equity sales for social enterprises soon
- Social enterprise The Given Company cancels lucky draw, blames media coverage
- Indonesian Social Enterprise Greenna Wins 2018 Shell LiveWIRE Top Ten Innovators Award
- A third of Our Tampines Hub social enterprise hawkers choose 5-day week under new contracts
- Social enterprise hawker centre model 'generally sound', market mechanism working: Masagos
- Hilton Bali Invests in Women-Run Social Enterprise
- MVP Foundation throws support to Hidilyn Diaz advocacy
- What is a 'social enterprise' hawker centre? MP asks in Parliament
DBS Foundation extends support to social enterprises in the wake of COVID-19 crisis have 312 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.