The government may launch a coronavirus path-tracing app for smartphone users soon. Once rolled out, the app can be used to check if people have crossed paths with someone who is tested positive for COVID-19.Currently, two government bodies — Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and the Niti Aayog— are working on the development such apps, as per a report by The Economic Times.Both the apps were separately beta-tested by MeitY and Niti Aayog and examined in detail during a committee meeting on March 25. Once finalised, the best features of both these apps will be taken to develop a single app, which is likely to be rolled out in one or two days in all Indian languages, the report added.Close MeitY’s Android-based app, called Corona Kavach, will notify users if they have crossed paths with a Coronavirus-positive person. The app will use the individual’s phone number along with the location data of the smartphone, and match their movements with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) backend data. related news Coronavirus pandemic | 4 more testing centres in Mumbai get ICMR nod 90 lakh coronavirus victims in 2 years: Study predicts worst-case scenario in each Indian metro city Coronavirus pandemic… Read full this story
- Govt launches €200m plan to double employment in film, TV and animation sector
- Govt launches second phase of RediBike scheme
- Student entrepreneurs launch salon booking app
- Blackpool FC launches new safeguarding app
- Ambulance Service launches life-saving app: How many defibrillators are in Calderdale?
- HSBC has launched MyDeal, an app for bankers on investor roadshows
- Alexa, is there a God? Church of England launches Amazon Echo app
- Myanmar Govt Launches Investigation into Human Rights Abuses in Rakhine
- Newly-launched app enables two-way communication between deafblind people
- Instagram quietly launches Lite version of app that uses less data
Coronavirus pandemic | Govt may launch a Covid tracker app soon have 304 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.