Australian cricketers might have to accept a pay cut due to the COVID-19 pandemic, conceded Test captain Tim Paine but insisted that making financial sacrifices is a “small thing” in the current situation and they are prepared to “do their bit”. A pay cut for the top cricketers seems to be on the cards with Cricket Australia delaying annual contracts for both the men’s and women’s national teams. CA is preparing for the possibility of a severely-affected home summer due to the coronavirus outbreak.”Certainly discussions will start happening in the next week or so” Paine was quoted as saying by ESPNCricinfo.”Certainly if things happen similar to what’s happened to football and other sports, then we’ve certainly got to do our bit to make sure the game survives and remains really healthy for years to come.”Close “If it comes to that, I’m sure that’s something that the players will look at. But there are bigger issues going on around the world at the moment than how much our sportsmen are going to get paid. That’ll be a small thing to us if that was to happen.” related news Coronavirus pandemic | After CM Adityanath’s visit, Noida DM transferred for failing to… Read full this story
- Martha Stewart Takes a Substantial Pay Cut to Save Martha Stewart
- Ask A Freshman English Class Going Around The Room And Saying A Little Bit About Themselves
- Mishaps in preparing a Thanksgiving in Paris: Things to avoid, Advice to follow
- The NFL's commissioner took a pay cut and only made $34 million in 2014
- Faraday Future Confronting Layoffs, Pay Cuts, Probable Corporate Doom
- Doing All The Small Things Right For SEO
- UFC's Tim Kennedy Says U.S. Special Forces Friends Fuming Over Nike Ad
- Tim Tebow Takes Miss Universe GF To Family Thanksgiving, Things Getting Serious!
- Independent staff asked to take huge pay cuts in online-only move
- University President Takes $90,000 Pay Cut for Good Cause
Coronavirus impact: Australian Test Captain, Tim Paine says players are prepared to do their bit, pay cut is a small thing have 332 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.