What a week for Indian markets! Bulls tried to make comeback but failed. And although they helped pare some losses towards the closing of the week in the benchmark indices, we cannot say the same for the broader markets.The S&P BSE Sensex fell 0.3 percent while the Nifty50 was down by 0.97 percent for the week ended March 27, but the big carnage was seen in the broader market space where the S&P BSE Small-cap index was down 6.09 percent, and the S&P BSE Mid-cap index plunged 5.4 percent in the same period.As many as 230 stocks in the S&P BSE Small-cap index gave negative returns in the range of 10-40 percent. These include names such as Indiabulls Ventures, Jindal Saw, Alok Industries, Simplex Infrastructure, Future Consumer, PNC Infra, Pennar Industries and Steel Strips among others.Close Note: Here are the top 60 names out of 230 stocks in the Small-cap index that fell 10-40 percent for the week ended March 27. related news Coronavirus pandemic | Ongoing lockdown a ‘welcome rest’ for India players, says coach Shastri Coronavirus pandemic | China’s coronavirus epicentre Hubei to resume domestic flights from Sunday Coronavirus pandemic | Italy, Spain suffer record virus deaths as… Read full this story
- What are the factors to consider while choosing small cap mutual funds?
- VN market up as large-caps gain further
- Broader market underperforms, but these 34 small-cap stocks rose 10-30% in a week
- Canara Robeco MF expects no euphoria before elections; recovery likely in mid & small-cap stocks
- Taking Stock: Nifty fails to hold 11,800; 200 stocks hit 52-week low
- My portfolio is down 11%. Should I stop investing in small cap funds?
- D-Street Buzz: Over 200 stocks hit lower circuit on BSE; M&M, Ashok Leyland fall 3-4% each
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Global stocks surge to 10-week high on recovery hopes
- Consider SIP/STP into value, focused, dividend yield or small cap funds: S Naren
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian stocks set to slide on U.S. Fed fears, interest rate stance
Carnage in broader markets; over 200 stocks in the small-cap space down 10-40% have 330 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at March 28, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.