A ROOM-FILLING fragrance diffuser can create a calm, serene haven in your own home.
Cheap essential oil diffusers mean you can get that luxurious well-being boost without stepping foot outside your front door…or splashing out on a spa day.
Some aromatherapy diffusers can cost an arm and a leg but you don’t have to splash the cash to get a good-quality product.
A diffuser dispenses good-for-you aromatherapy essential oil molecules around the room, developing an invisible tranquillity cloud for a calming, restful surrounding.
Essential oils are known to have many powerful health properties, so you can choose to fill your diffuser with an oil that suits your needs – whether it’s de-stressing, sleep-inducing, energy-boosting or mood-lifting.
We’ve rounded up the best cheap essential oil diffusers that won’t break the bank below. Take a deep breath and get scrolling…
1. Best for noise reduction – Victsing Essential Oil Diffuser
- Victsing 130ml Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser Portable Mini Humidifier, £16.99 from Amazon – buy here
This portable diffuser has a pretty wood grain so you won’t have to hide it away in the corner.
It boasts eight colours on its light strip, which can also be put into sleep mode when you want to drift off.
The portable perfumer can be popped into your suitcase for scented travelling, and pumps up to five hours of nose-pleasing mist at once.
2. Best for discretion - Puressentiel Gentle Heat Diffuser
- Puressentiel Gentle Heat Diffuser Plug-In for Essential Oils, £19.08 from Amazon – buy here
Plug-in and flow. This super-simple little device pumps out scent-sational smells in any room you choose. Great for restoration and relaxing in the bedroom, or for masking odours in the kitchen. Or why not pop it in your luggage and cosy-up that hotel room? Simply pour water and essential oils into the metallic pan and a serene smell will fill the room. No need to worry about switching it off – it automatically stops after eight hours of diffusion.
3. Best humidifier – Tisserand Aromatherapy Aroma Spa diffuser
- Tisserand Aromatherapy Aroma Spa diffuser, £30from Boots – buy here
This air-humidifying diffuser emits a fragranced mist while boosting moisture in your room for a skin-hydrating hit.
Add water and your essential oils before pressing the ‘mist’ button to get up to five hours of well-being wafts floating around you.
Hit the ‘Light’ button for ambient colour changes. A great product for a very reasonable price.
4. Best for spa-like experience – AromaWorks Electric Diffuser
- AromaWorks Electric Diffuser, £29.99 from Look Fantastic – buy here
This nifty little fragrance-filler is the perfect mood-boosting vessel.
Just plug in the adaptor, fill the water tank and add drops of your favourite essential oil, choosing an aroma that suits your need or mood.
Featuring a subtle colour changing LED light, it’s perfect if you’re looking for a diffuser that will deliver on atmospheric feels – a spa-like experience at home.
5. Best for travel – Essential Oil Diffusers Under £60
- This Works Scent Well Portable Diffuser, £36.85 from Look Fantastic – buy here
Busy on-the-go kind of girl? Don’t worry, you can still recharge your batteries with a portable aroma diffuser.
This cute little perfuming pot is charged with a USB cable and easily portable, so you can take it to the office, on holiday, or just from room-to-room more easily at home.
Pour in a relaxing essential oils blend (why not try This Works Deep Sleep Super Blend Oil?), and pop it on your bedside table for a restful sleep even when you’re travelling.
And, don’t worry, it turns off automatically after an hour’s use.
6. Best runtime – Ellia Awaken Ultrasonic Diffuser White
- Ellia Awaken Ultrasonic Diffuser White, £44.99 from Amazon – buy here
Enhance your home with a well-being-boosting fragrance in a diffuser that’s also pretty to look at.
The Ellia Awaken Ultrasonic Diffuser is easy-to-use and offers six hours of continuous use or 12 hours of intermittent use.
Simply fill with water and add five to seven drops of your chosen essential oil.
The diffuser also creates a calm haven by emitting a gentle light.
7. Best investment – Neom Wellbeing Pod Essential Oil Diffuser
- Neom Wellbeing Pod Essential Oil Diffuser, £90 from Look Fantastic – buy here
Fill your home with uplifting scents with this humidifying diffuser.
Specially made for use with Neom’s gorgeous essential oil blends, you can choose from Scent to De-Stress, Scent to Sleep, Scent to Make You Happy, or Scent to Boost Your Energy, Wellness and Wellbeing.
As well as surrounding you with nourishing scents, it also works as a low-energy LED night light.
All you do? Fill the tank with cold water and add up to 10 drops of your chosen Neom Wellbeing Essential Oil Blend, press the button and the scented vapour hits the air around you. Aaaand relax.
8. Best value for money – HoMedic Dream Ultrasonic Diffuser
- Homedics Dream Ultrasonic Diffuser, £39.99, from HoMedics- buy here
The HoMedic Dream Ultrasonic diffuser might not have a memorable design but it functions as well as more expensive products.
With six hour of continuous runtime the steam infuses the air with a relaxing uplifting scent while the changing lights act as a soothing light source.
It also comes with two small complimentary bottles of essential oils, a nice touch from the retailer and great if you have a limited budget.
The Dream diffuser has 2 mist options for a continuous or intermittent mist (30 seconds on, 30 seconds off). Easy to use and efficient, it’s a solid choice for first-timers.
MORE FROM SUN SELECTS BEAUTY
The 10 best shampoo to keep your blonde hair looking glossy and healthy
Countdown is on
Best advent calendars for women: From beauty, alcoholic to vegan countdowns
YOU GLOW GIRL
The seven best illuminators you can buy in 2020
GLOW FOR IT
The seven best make-up sponges you can buy in 2020
Keep balm and carry on
Best Lip Balms 2020 – tinted, plumping, best store option & star buy
Best whitening toothpaste 2020: these toothpastes can help remove stains
The best toothpastes you can buy in 2020
Get a body free of unwanted hair with fuss-free wax strips for all areas
OIL ALWAYS LOVE YOU
Best hair oil 2020: The magic elixir that can solve all your hair woes
The best toothpaste for sensitive teeth you can buy in 2020
Enjoyed our selection of cheap essential oil diffusers? We’ve also rounded up the best essential oils for sleep, right here.
For more gorgeous beauty recommendations, check out our Sun Selects Beauty page.
We’ve designed Sun Selects to help you find everything you need at the best prices. Click the link to find more of our top picks.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
- Best Christmas sales 2019: last-minute deals from Amazon, Walmart & more
- Perfect skin, sinus relief and a Roomba-like toothbrush: 5 wellness devices you'll want in 2020
- The best fitness trackers for 2020
- 13 Things to Take Your Self-Care Ritual Next Level in 2020
- Australian share market to surge in 2020, boosted by flood of 'cheap' money
- Boxing Day sales are live already - here are the best deals so far
- 2020 New Year’s resolution: 10 ways to feel less stressful this year
- Best Black Friday travel deals for 2019 including British Airways, Virgin and more
- The best TVs for 2020
- ASX enjoys one of the best years this century despite global and local worries
- Best fitness tracker 2020: the top 10 activity bands on the planet
- Banana Boat, Neutrogena, Supergoop: The best sunscreens for 2020
8 Cheap essential oil diffusers 2020 – the best aromatherapy burners that won’t break the bank have 1280 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 10, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.