Samsung Electronics said on February 21 that former finance minister, Bahk Jae-wan, has become its new board chairman after his predecessor was jailed for union-busting activities.Bahk, 65, has served as an outside director since March 2016 and “has a deep understanding of the company and the board,” Samsung said in a statement.It added that the appointment, which is effective immediately, would enhance the board’s independence and management transparency.Close “He has a wealth of experience as an administrator…and is expected to lead the board’s strategic decisions,” the statement said. related news Samsung Galaxy Z Flip arrives in India, priced at Rs 1,09,999: All you need to know Samsung may soon enable 120Hz refresh rate in QHD+ resolution on all Galaxy S20 models Samsung launches Galaxy A71 in India with quad-camera setup, 4,500 mAh battery Samsung’s board chairman is not involved in day-to-day business operations but chairs a board meeting to review and approve major business decisions including investment plans.The company plans to hold its annual shareholder meeting on March 18, where shareholders will vote on proposals for its two new board nominees.Exclusive offer: Use code “BUDGET2020” and get Moneycontrol Pro’s Subscription for as little as Rs 333/- for the first year.
- Boeing names new board chairman in setback to CEO
- UK PM Theresa May names junior minister new Brexit secretary
- O’Muilleoir is a 'failed finance minister', says DUP's Wilson after Sinn Fein MLA criticises budget
- O Muilleoir is a 'failed finance minister', says DUP's Wilson after Sinn Fein MLA criticises budget
- France’s finance minister to stay away from ‘Davos in the desert’
- We’ll stick to plan to cap Ontario teachers’ wage increases at 1 per cent: finance minister
- Samsung Electronics says third-quarter profit seen down 56per cent, beats expectations
- Samsung Electronics says third-quarter profit seen down 56%, beats expectations
- Samsung Electronics says Q3 profit seen down 56%, beats expectations
- Russian-Belarusian venture capital fund to finance three new projects
Samsung Electronics names former finance minister as its new board chairman have 325 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at February 21, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.