Prime Minister Narendra Modi Saturday hailed the Indian judiciary for redefining environmental jurisprudence to strike a balance between development and ecological protection. Speaking at the inaugural function of the International Judicial Conference 2020 – ‘judiciary and the changing world’ at the Supreme Court, the Prime Minister referred to gender justice and said no country or society in the world can claim to achieve holistic development without it.He referred to laws on transgenders, ‘triple talaq’ and on the rights of ‘Divyang’ (persons with disabilities) and said the government has also taken steps to give rights to women in military services and in providing paid maternity leave for 26 weeks to women.Referring to the use of technology, Modi said it can help in procedural management of courts and benefit the justice delivery system to a large extent.Close “In addition, in the changing times, issues like data protection, cyber-crime pose new challenges for the judiciary,” he said. related news ‘China delaying permission to India to send flight carrying relief materials to Wuhan’ Indian nationals still on cruise ship to be tested for coronavirus: Embassy 1.3 billion Indians wholeheartedly welcomed critical judicial verdicts despite apprehensions: PM Referring to recent judicial verdicts by Indian courts,… Read full this story
- AVR® Microcontrollers Now Supported in MPLAB® X Integrated Development Environment
- PM Modi invites Japanese investment in India
- Greek government, Church, strike property development deal
- Kauai looks to strike balance between resources and tourism
- water crisis algae red tide candidates environment protect questions
- Was Trump influenced by PM Modi's remarks on Afghanistan?
- Congress calls for Modi’s head over jet deal
- What’s The Best Way To Protect Yourself...At Home...At Work...At School...Where You Shop...When You Travel?
- An Alaska Ballot Initiative Pits Protecting Habitats Against the Fossil Fuel Industry
- A Federal Judge Restored Endangered Species Protection for Grizzlies in Yellowstone
PM Modi hails judiciary for striking balance between development & environment protection have 311 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at February 22, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.