At a time when the equity market is reeling under pressure and investor sentiment is low, multi-cap funds are worth looking at, say experts.Data shows that midcaps outperformed largecaps significantly during FY15-18, but the trend saw a reversal amid NBFC crisis and corporate defaults.While the quality companies in small, mid and large-cap spaces did well in 2019, brokerages expect this trend to continue in 2020 and favour investing in multi-cap oriented funds.Close Diversification, however, is the key to maximising profit and minimising risks and one should avoid playing the mid and small-cap theme blindly, brokerages said. related news Technical View: Nifty forms Hammer pattern, consolidation with positive bias seen Brokerages turn bullish on Federal bank, see 27-35% upside in a year Nifty falls for 5th day in a row: 5 factors that could be weighing on market “The divergence in return is higher within the mid-cap and small-cap category. Therefore, proper diversification among mid and small-cap funds is also required,” said ICICI Direct.”Lumpsum investment in mid and small-cap funds at current levels may be considered. However, the core portfolio should always comprise multi-cap oriented funds with accumulation being done through a SIP approach.”Jharna Agarwal, Head, Anand Rathi Preferred, is of… Read full this story
- Roadworks have hit business, say traders
- "Perfect... just without breath": Heartbroken mum cradles baby girl after she was born sleeping in "deathly silence"
- Festive season could be the best time to market your home
- Tara Reid looks worryingly thin on a night out with her boyfriend in LA
- Old hands in South Korea Bitcoin market unfazed by threats of ban
- Market watch: With profit-taking, KSE-100 continues to decline
- London Bridge attack victim named as Sara Zelenak, 21, after distraught mum says DNA tests confirmed her worst fears
- Lego builds foundations in China classrooms as old markets slow
- In Davos, Trump looks to sell 'America First' to global elite
- Free water refills may drive away paying customers, says business chief
Not just mid, small or large-caps but look at multi-caps in a fragile market, say experts have 330 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.